Show of hands...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aggie07grl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was just curious...how many of us are surfing SDN while we should be doing other things (ie studying/working/writing a paper)?

Personally, I have a biochem test tonight :( that I'm not done studying for and a paper that I have to format so that my group can turn it in tomorrow. Yet, here I am posting a thread.

Members don't see this ad.

*raises hand* ALWAYS!

I have a trig final tomorrow, a kick ass test on Subjunctive in Spanish, and tons of papers and projects due within the next week or two. Ahh!

I teach high school bio

Members don't see this ad :)
Mythology test tomorrow, Developmental Psych final paper due Wednesday, and finals start on Friday, with Physiology bright and early at 8:00 am. But there's always time to procrastinate on SDN. :)

So I was just curious...how many of us are surfing SDN while we should be doing other things (ie studying/working/writing a paper)?

Personally, I have a biochem test tonight :( that I'm not done studying for and a paper that I have to format so that my group can turn it in tomorrow. Yet, here I am posting a thread.

:laugh: SAAAME!
I've got a human nutrition final in about 2 hours. Its nothing close to the difficulty of biochem but i'm borderline A/B. I'm not the most responsible student, you see.

2 lab reports to do, and a 10 page paper on Ancient Ugaaritic poetry and its relation to Israelite mythology all due thursday. Bio lab final tomorrow, chem final thursday.

I have finals this week and a make up test to do. I so wish I could quit reading these foums and study. Oh well.

raise_hand.jpg

Mmmm hmmm. It's actually pretty bad. Now when I sit down at the computer in one fluid motion I check my email, and then when I (invariably) have no new mail I click on the SDN forums before my inbox even finishes loading. And then I repeat that about every 5 minutes. Like I said, it's pretty bad.

Maybe I should invest in a "study desk" to put on the other side of the room...

I should be studying for my Biomedical Physics final on Wednesday and psych final on Thursday and writing my thesis. Instead I am milling around on SDN. grrr:confused: :p

Umm.. i have 2 papers and a test this week, 6 tests next week, and finals the next.

I'm definitely procrastinating here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmmm hmmm. It's actually pretty bad. Now when I sit down at the computer in one fluid motion I check my email, and then when I (invariably) have no new mail I click on the SDN forums before my inbox even finishes loading. And then I repeat that about every 5 minutes. Like I said, it's pretty bad.

so I'm not the only one with this routine.. though mine also includes Facebook and a couple other message boards.

Or picking up another chart? That's me!

Molecular biology test in like 3 mins.

I've got TWO exams on Thursday evening and a presentation that same morning.

And yet, look at me. Not studying. Hooray for the inflammation of the senior!!

Nice to know that you are working hard! :thumbup: ;)

How are you Baylor med if you're going to UTSW?

I'm just curious...or stupid. You decide.

How are you Baylor med if you're going to UTSW?

I'm just curious...or stupid. You decide.

Because I attend Baylor U.

Yeah, people get confused A LOT by that. I should put it in my sig or something.

Hahahahaha. Thank you for finally saying something about this. It's been bothering me for a long time.

It kind of reminds me of Homer Simpson saying "I'm a rage-aholic! I am addicted to rage-ahol!"

As for me, I have an Endocrine Phys exam tomorrow that I should be studying for. Oh well, at least it's a class I have decided to take "for fun." (I actually finished up my degrees years ago, and decided to re-apply for 2007.)

yep...i feel your pain....that is exactly to the tee and in order the way i do it. I am so glad i am not alone!:p

Hahahahaha. Thank you for finally saying something about this. It's been bothering me for a long time.

It kind of reminds me of Homer Simpson saying "I'm a rage-aholic! I am addicted to rage-ahol!"

As for me, I have an Endocrine Phys exam tomorrow that I should be studying for. Oh well, at least it's a class I have decided to take "for fun." (I actually finished up my degrees years ago, and decided to re-apply for 2007.)

You know it's really gotten bad when you pull out your calculator (which, by the way, has been in the drawer ever since I took Cal 2 in 2005) and start figuring out the minimum grade that you need to get on the final in order to pull a B...and then, just in case, you calculate the "other" minimum, AKA the grade that you need to pull a C (this is just in case that senioritis worsens over the weekend or something major like a beach trip happens).

I do the exact same thing. I also switched from IE6 to firefox a few weeks ago where this is made even easier! Oh well, undergrad is officially done extremely soon.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haha...good to know that I'm not the only one! Only a few weeks left of undergrad!!!

I have to teach for Kaplan tomorrow night, and I should be getting my LSAT lecture ready. But since, I AM teaching LSAT students, at least they won't catch me loafing around here while I should be working.

9 more days of classes and then a week of finals left for me in undergrad. Can't believe graduation is here already!

I'll have two weeks off before it's back to the races for postbacc premed prereqs and grad school work.

You know it's really gotten bad when you pull out your calculator (which, by the way, has been in the drawer ever since I took Cal 2 in 2005) and start figuring out the minimum grade that you need to get on the final in order to pull a B...and then, just in case, you calculate the "other" minimum, AKA the grade that you need to pull a C (this is just in case that senioritis worsens over the weekend or something major like a beach trip happens).

Haha.. Trig - 98 on final would get me an A, 45 on final will get me a B... I so do this all the time (these are my latest calculations for tomorrow's test)

Haha.. Trig - 98 on final would get me an A, 45 on final will get me a B... I so do this all the time (these are my latest calculations for tomorrow's test)

So, which one is it going to be?

Slacker me, of course, would take the B because it means no studying. At least at this point, in which my GPA matters no more, I would.

Disclaimer: Any advice given above is solely Baylormed's twisted thoughts, and should in no way be considered sane or even logical.

Have a Calc II midterm in about 5 hours. Gotta love Diff-EQs and Taylor Series.

it's not that difficult to leave said study desk and go back to the computer every 5 minutes:D

Who loooooves SDN? (Kel voice)

ReachingTruth loves SDN. It's addictive. Gmail and SDN take up two to three hours of my day and also, provide explanation for my lack of sleep.