1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

shud i apply to med school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by amherstguy, Nov 19, 2002.

1. amherstguy

amherstguy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey i'm not sure where and whether to apply or if i will be accepted or not, is it worth applying with my stats.
    i went to amherst college and graduated with a A- gpa and a science gpa of 3.5 (i got mostly B+'s in my premed requirements), i volunteered for 3 summers in a hospice, and after college took 2 years off for the peace corps, im a ny resident , any info
    thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. care bear

care bear pink fuzzy user
    7+ Year Member

uh, there's absolutely nothing wrong /w your stats.
    assuming you have a decent/good mcat score it sounds like you've got a really good chance to get in somewhere- ok, any one feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. .
    yeah, don't be too thrown off my ppl. w/similar stats complaining about lack of interviews. . it's just a tough process on everyone, but it's still first semester and i bet a really high number of those people will be accepted somewhere before the application season is all said and done?
    just my thoughts. . .

4. whitesoxfan

whitesoxfan Member
    7+ Year Member

barring some subpar MCAT your application sounds quite competetive. i had a 3.6, 3.4 sci with pretty limited EC's and got interviews everywhere i applied.

5. amherstguy

amherstguy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

i have a 31 mcat (10, 10, 11 v)

6. lalalala

7+ Year Member

you should definitely apply... whats making you think you shouldn't? just apply to a good mix of all kinds of schools (low/middle/reach), and you should be good to go. amherst is a well-respected school, that should help you out as well.

7. pAkhtmAn

pAkhtmAn pAkht mEmbEr
    7+ Year Member

Hello Anybody?

He volunteered with the PeaceCorps! I don't think any of our EC's can match that... You're definitely competitive, my friend.

Plus, the fact that you go to Amherst shouldn't hurt too much either...

8. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    amherstguy,

Where did you serve? What did you do? I'll tell you from experience that the admissions committees love us Peace Corps types. I worked in education in Zimbabwe 97-99. Had a great time. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about how Peace Corps shaped my application process.