Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Sick of people telling you where they got into Pharmacy School?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by 38ctk, Dec 18, 2005.

1. 38ctk

38ctk ktc83
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Hey guys,

I am writing this from an unbiased standpoint since I am not applying this year and will not be applying in the near future.

Are you guys sick of hearing people tell you that they got into pharmacy school when you are still waiting? I KNOW I DID!

This thread is really for a place for waitlisters and people who didn't get in to vent and say "Hey man, congrats on getting into the school of your choice, but please, stfu and be considerate of other people that are still not in."

All I am saying is, if the thread subject says, "People that got into ___ pharmacy school", then by all means, tell the whole world that you got in. But seriously, there is no need for people to go into the "_____ Waitlist" forum and tell the whole world that they got accepted into the school that you're still waiting to hear from. It is rude and inconsiderate, and although you should be grateful for your accomplishments and success, there is a time and place to say and do everything.

There are many people that don't get into pharmacy school their first time around and that is nothing to be ashamed of. I've learned through a lot of trial and error, a lot of sucess and failures to get where I am today. As cliche as it sounds, everything happens for a reason. And according to Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple Computer and Pixar, "YOu can only connect the dots looking backwards, not forwards." We were all in the same boat at one time and slowly, the pieces fall in place. Trust your gut and if you are really motivated to become a pharmacist, your personality, essay, and grades will show for it. Good luck and I know all of you will do great in all, if not, most of your endeavors.

2. Abilify

Abilify Membership Revoked
    Removed

I got into UCSF, Mercer, MCP-Boston, Ohio State, and USCalifornia on my first attempt. All but Ohio State sent me my acceptance letter within 3 weeks of my interview. I guess it had something to do with my 99 pcat and stellar undergrad GPA. Thanks for the thread...we need more like this

3. Requiem

Requiem Senior Member
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

You'll have to ignore Abilify, as Abilify is a douche.

4. ethyl

ethyl Go suck on a Zoloft.
    Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    It's great people on SDN are getting accepted... but that's what the Roll Call thread is for. I try not to let it get to me though. :(

5. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 imagine sisyphus happy
    Pharmacist 15+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Pharmacy schools like to get those subservient little douches that are good memorizers. It's a good way to pad their NAPLEX scores. Who cares if you've got real critical thinkers as long as you look good.

I've grown to distrust people with high GPAs. It means they don't have the ability to see through the bull**** that is the academic system. It's all a game. Who's the best strategist at test taking. Memorizing minute bits of information that will likely never serve you any purpose in life. What's the point? Just understand the concept and move on from there. It gets really funny this time of year when the academics go all out psycho on professors that won't round their 89.4 up to an A. Who gives a flying damn. You learned the same amount of information independent of what a letter on a piece of paper says.

Yeah, that rant was a wee bit tangential. Uh, sorry.

6. Abilify

Abilify Membership Revoked
    Removed

It's closer to a woman's hoo hoo than you will ever get

7. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Please do not troll the pharmacy forums or attack other users. Thanks. :)

8. manapharm

manapharm Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    It's good to know how people feel and can be conforted by other members. This means that we are not alone ! So, I encourage to keep more forum posted, I don't mind reading them.

9. freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris New Phuture
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    These are the times that separate "the boys from the men," or in my case, "the girls from the wonderwomen."

Worry and regret are wastes of energy. If you give 110% of yourself every minute of every day towards the goal of becoming a pharmacist, I don't see what you have to worry about. If you have confidence in what you have done and can do, then others successes shouldn't be threatening.

HOO RAH for all of those that have worked their a##es off and are now reaping the benefits! You Rock.

Chris

10. leoproductionz

leoproductionz Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i just wanna say, "AMEN!"