freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
I should be distilling Eugenol from fresh ground Cloves tomorrow. Exciting sounding, huh? Anyway, my prof, Dr. S has cancelled class for the second time in a week due to illness. He called us personally this time. He's not the type of person to cancel class for any little sickness, so he's pretty sick, possibility of pneumonia. I wanted to send a shout out for health and get some more well wishes and good vibes (or prayers) sent his way. :) He is the best instructor I have had in all of my years of higher education (10 years or so).

Thanks in advance
Chris

fob12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
freshbeatschris said:
I should be distilling Eugenol from fresh ground Cloves tomorrow. Exciting sounding, huh? Anyway, my prof, Dr. S has cancelled class for the second time in a week due to illness. He called us personally this time. He's not the type of person to cancel class for any little sickness, so he's pretty sick, possibility of pneumonia. I wanted to send a shout out for health and get some more well wishes and good vibes (or prayers) sent his way. :) He is the best instructor I have had in all of my years of higher education (10 years or so).

Thanks in advance
Chris

I hope that your professor is doing better. I will send a couple of prayers to the man upstairs.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
fob12 said:
I hope that your professor is doing better. I will send a couple of prayers to the man upstairs.

Yea. Someone with compassion. I was starting to lose hope... And this from people who are going into a profession that is pretty much based on human illness and the medicines that can help them.

Thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot.

Sincerely-
Chris

About the Ads

Mike89

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
freshbeatschris said:
Yea. Someone with compassion. I was starting to lose hope... And this from people who are going into a profession that is pretty much based on human illness and the medicines that can help them.

Thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot.

Sincerely-
Chris

Yeah, well, this is a science forum ... I'm not sure you are going to find a high percentage of people who believe that prayer will heal the sick.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
freshbeatschris said:
...people who are going into a profession that is pretty much based on human illness and the medicines that can help them.

Right, Mike, that's exactly what I said.

Chris

Mike89

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
freshbeatschris said:
Right, Mike, that's exactly what I said.

Chris

What I am saying is that it's a bit unfair to say that anybody who doesn't respond with prayer lacks compassion.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
Mike89 said:
What I am saying is that it's a bit unfair to say that anybody who doesn't respond with prayer lacks compassion.

I hear you there and I certainly hope that is not true, as I do NOT pray anymore, but I'd like to think of myself as a compassionate person.

If you look at my original message, and mabye the intent was lost in translation, I was just looking for well wishes and kind words for him, whether they be in the form of prayer or not is completely up to the individual.

Maybe I was just looking to get more human connectivity from this site because I feel as though it is very statistically oriented. It's definitley helping me learn more about myself and the type of pharmacist I want to become.

Chris

Mike89

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
freshbeatschris said:
I hear you there and I certainly hope that is not true, as I do NOT pray anymore, but I'd like to think of myself as a compassionate person.

If you look at my original message, and mabye the intent was lost in translation, I was just looking for well wishes and kind words for him, whether they be in the form of prayer or not is completely up to the individual.

Maybe I was just looking to get more human connectivity from this site because I feel as though it is very statistically oriented. It's definitley helping me learn more about myself and the type of pharmacist I want to become.

Chris

Gotchya ... in that case, I wish to express my wish that all goes well for him.

WVURxGal

Mountaineer
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
Morgantown, WV
Status
:( My last semester ochem professor is sick too... he got diagnosed as diabetic :( He's trying to lose weight, and every time I see him he's skinnier... but I'm sure he'd appreciate the well-wishing too.

I really hope your professor starts to feel better soon!

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
WVURxGal said:
:( My last semester ochem professor is sick too... he got diagnosed as diabetic :( He's trying to lose weight, and every time I see him he's skinnier... but I'm sure he'd appreciate the well-wishing too.

I really hope your professor starts to feel better soon!

I wish the best to your O. Prof the best as well. Diabetes is a tough one to get in control of, lots of life changes involved.

Chris

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads