freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
I should be distilling Eugenol from fresh ground Cloves tomorrow. Exciting sounding, huh? Anyway, my prof, Dr. S has cancelled class for the second time in a week due to illness. He called us personally this time. He's not the type of person to cancel class for any little sickness, so he's pretty sick, possibility of pneumonia. I wanted to send a shout out for health and get some more well wishes and good vibes (or prayers) sent his way. :) He is the best instructor I have had in all of my years of higher education (10 years or so).

Thanks in advance
Chris

fob12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
freshbeatschris said:
I should be distilling Eugenol from fresh ground Cloves tomorrow. Exciting sounding, huh? Anyway, my prof, Dr. S has cancelled class for the second time in a week due to illness. He called us personally this time. He's not the type of person to cancel class for any little sickness, so he's pretty sick, possibility of pneumonia. I wanted to send a shout out for health and get some more well wishes and good vibes (or prayers) sent his way. :) He is the best instructor I have had in all of my years of higher education (10 years or so).

Thanks in advance
Chris
I hope that your professor is doing better. I will send a couple of prayers to the man upstairs.

OP
freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
fob12 said:
I hope that your professor is doing better. I will send a couple of prayers to the man upstairs.
Yea. Someone with compassion. I was starting to lose hope... And this from people who are going into a profession that is pretty much based on human illness and the medicines that can help them.

Thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot.

Sincerely-
Chris

DScheveningen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2004
Status
i thought you only need to be compassionate if you're a medical doctor? jk :laugh: Best wishes to your professor, if you like an Ochem prof. HE MUST be the [email protected]#$s! :thumbup:

Mike89

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
freshbeatschris said:
Yea. Someone with compassion. I was starting to lose hope... And this from people who are going into a profession that is pretty much based on human illness and the medicines that can help them.

Thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot.

Sincerely-
Chris
Yeah, well, this is a science forum ... I'm not sure you are going to find a high percentage of people who believe that prayer will heal the sick.

OP
freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
freshbeatschris said:
...people who are going into a profession that is pretty much based on human illness and the medicines that can help them.
Right, Mike, that's exactly what I said.

Chris

Mike89

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
freshbeatschris said:
Right, Mike, that's exactly what I said.

Chris
What I am saying is that it's a bit unfair to say that anybody who doesn't respond with prayer lacks compassion.

OP
freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
Mike89 said:
What I am saying is that it's a bit unfair to say that anybody who doesn't respond with prayer lacks compassion.
I hear you there and I certainly hope that is not true, as I do NOT pray anymore, but I'd like to think of myself as a compassionate person.

If you look at my original message, and mabye the intent was lost in translation, I was just looking for well wishes and kind words for him, whether they be in the form of prayer or not is completely up to the individual.

Maybe I was just looking to get more human connectivity from this site because I feel as though it is very statistically oriented. It's definitley helping me learn more about myself and the type of pharmacist I want to become.

Chris

Mike89

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
freshbeatschris said:
I hear you there and I certainly hope that is not true, as I do NOT pray anymore, but I'd like to think of myself as a compassionate person.

If you look at my original message, and mabye the intent was lost in translation, I was just looking for well wishes and kind words for him, whether they be in the form of prayer or not is completely up to the individual.

Maybe I was just looking to get more human connectivity from this site because I feel as though it is very statistically oriented. It's definitley helping me learn more about myself and the type of pharmacist I want to become.

Chris
Gotchya ... in that case, I wish to express my wish that all goes well for him.

ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
Visit site
Status
just because people didn't respond does not mean that they did not think of your professor

WVURxGal

Mountaineer
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
Morgantown, WV
Status
:( My last semester ochem professor is sick too... he got diagnosed as diabetic :( He's trying to lose weight, and every time I see him he's skinnier... but I'm sure he'd appreciate the well-wishing too.

I really hope your professor starts to feel better soon!

OP
freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
WVURxGal said:
:( My last semester ochem professor is sick too... he got diagnosed as diabetic :( He's trying to lose weight, and every time I see him he's skinnier... but I'm sure he'd appreciate the well-wishing too.

I really hope your professor starts to feel better soon!
I wish the best to your O. Prof the best as well. Diabetes is a tough one to get in control of, lots of life changes involved.

Chris