Sig figs and How to Use them Correctly! HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zEkii

Good Vibes
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My thoughts about sig figs are so complex and I get confused the more and more I indulge into understanding it.

Can anyone help me on how to use sig figs correctly? Especially since I need to do the GC section math by hand?

Any tricks and tips.

All the help I need is appreciated. Taking exam in a week and 3 days.

Members don't see this ad.

My thoughts about sig figs are so complex and I get confused the more and more I indulge into understanding it.

Can anyone help me on how to use sig figs correctly? Especially since I need to do the GC section math by hand?

Any tricks and tips.

All the help I need is appreciated. Taking exam in a week and 3 days.

Look for the smallest number of digits you've got in your calculations. That is how small the final answer needs to be.

ex: 2.9870 grams of CH4 is mixed with 11.9 grams of O2, how many grams of H2O are produced in a combustion? The raw number you get is 6.708652 BUT because the smallest number you have is 11.9 then the answer has to be 6.71. It's best get in the practice of this BUT, most of your actual DAT calculations will end up being in the format of (350)(5030)(3020)/(302) etc.

Reactions: 1 users