1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

SIGH. it's snowing...and still no acceptance...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by futuredentist23, Feb 23, 2007.

1. futuredentist23

5+ Year Member

sigh.

so yea. it's snowing outside in chicago and i'm still waiting for a response *uic* but nothing.... and its end of February too...what am i gonna do for one year!?!

so many questions...starting to worry...wondering what i'm going to do for one year... s.i.g.h

anybody else feeling the same way?:oops:

2. rals

rals Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I feel ya. but I feel ok about it now. I really completely feel that what needs to happen will. if it's not the right time yet, then it won't happen yet. don't force things, just put yourself out there, do the best you can, and let fate and God take care of the rest.

It feels so good to let it go. I'm happy whatever happens. I know it'll all work out.

in any case, thre's still time, so keep hope alive.

if you're thinking about next year, consider if you can afford to go to school, if yes, then go for it, if not, then get a job that dental/science related.

best of luck. :)

3. blue_moon01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    There's still time. Don't give up hope.

If I was in your shoes I would take the time to work, save up money, travel, improve on my DAT if it's not already in the 21+, shadow, volunteer in something dental and reapply.

4. etan4

etan4 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey, are u from Chicago? If I can be any help, just let me know. When did u apply to UIC? Did u get an interview?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. duho.O

duho.O Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm in the same place as you. i, on the other hand, cannot handle staying at home for another year. i've been home my whole life. parents forced me to stay home for college. and now with my year off, they are driving me insane. i only go out with my friends once a week and my dad makes the biggest fuss. i am so sick of staying home. i desperately need to get accepted to dental school....otherwise i'm gonna go insane for sure.

6. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yea I feel you on the UIC thing, being from chicago as well. I havent heard one peep from them, but I'm glad I've got other schools to choose from. So I guess it isn' all bad, even though I would have loved to give UIC a look.

7. UJ007

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ya I know what your saying. I too stayed at home during college (it was a lot cheaper) and now I really want to get out of here! What I'm considering if i don't get in this year is going away and doing a SMP and hopefully that would help me get in next year. Best of luck to all and don't give up yet!

8. fancymylotus

fancymylotus A Whole New World
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

dealing with annoying nosy overbearing parentals is never fun..at least yours arent trying to get you married off asap!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. mx41

5+ Year Member

What were your stats ?

10. OP
    OP
    futuredentist23

5+ Year Member

thanks y'all for all the encouragements :)

My stats weren't too good, i messed up my freshman year and so my gpa is pretty low. Last semester i got a 3.8 with 18 credit hours but i just made it over to a 3.3 overall. my DAT's were pretty good, 20+ on all sections. I have decent volunteer shadow hours with pretty solid letter of recs.

eh. i'll re-take the dat and try to find some work to do. but where??!!? i dont have the skills to apply for a dental assistant job and i honestly dont know where to apply with a bachelor's in biology?

i just have a lot of questions.. and i'm starting to worry. heh.
    thanks for hearing me out. good luck to y'all.

11. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    it's snowing in philly too, so I feel half of your pain:cool:

12. duho.O

duho.O Member
    7+ Year Member

actually, my parents are looking for a potential spouse for me. but first they wanna marry my older sister off and then i'm next. so i know how you feel...it's unnatural and stressful....they always demand that i look nice whereever i go.

13. fancymylotus

Dentist 10+ Year Member

YES.this part sucks majorlyyyyyyyyy:mad:

14. rchuloholla

rchuloholla Probationary Status
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    u two should just get married: problem solved :rolleyes:

15. fancymylotus

Dentist 10+ Year Member

:mad: :eek: :mad:

16. bruinpredent

bruinpredent UCLA School of Dentistry
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    :laugh:

so true

17. KHANSAHAAB

KHANSAHAAB Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Either you're naturally good looking or not; no amount of makeup or other things on the market is gonna change your look.

18. AnonymousADCOM

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    a potentially hot girl with freckles is a turn off. make up actually helps cover spots.

19. fightingspirit

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    take it easy. many applicants get accepted in march every year at most schools. and make sure you do not take it personal. if you get a late acceptance letter, that does not mean that you are not as qualified as those who got in before you did.

20. duho.O

duho.O Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks for the support. i hope it happens for us all.

21. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    some are cute with freckles...meowwwwww...:D