1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Sigh... wish I was in your shoes.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Tobtolip, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Tobtolip

Tobtolip Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow, I wish I was applying right now... or rather "already accepted". Here I am, sitting in front of this stupid computer 2am working on a stupid program, all for the sake of trying to maintain a ridiculous GPA. =OP Wow! I wish I could just be through with it already, oh well... my time will come, maybe not soon but itll come. Then no more programs!! Yay!

Tob

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hang in there, you will get through this process just fine like all of us before you. well, im not through it yet im still IN it. (for the second time) but nevertheless you will do fine! good luck!

4. Mr. 4.0

Mr. 4.0 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

computer science majot???

5. Tobtolip

Tobtolip Member
    7+ Year Member

Yup, computer science/math major... Not many of those pre-meds out there I bet =P Well.. who knows, maybe itll help me "stand out" more or whatever keke!

:p

Tob

6. Sonya

Sonya Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

"# include iostrem h"

AHH... that was CS world, years ago... oh wait, it was just sophmore year, this is senior.

Senior but not yet applied. I don't wish i was in their shoes though, the thought of starting medschool is still freaky... so is the thought of gradaution... so, instead, here i am at 3am trying to draw electron orbitals... or SOMETHING like that, I have no idea what i'm doing. :D

But, naw, in their shoes is too spooky a shoe for me. I don't mind classes, i'm used to it. medschool is a big, distant, scary thought.

someone tell me the velocity of an electron....
    oh well.. and also what is the wave function for an anti bonding orbital...

7. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

#include iostream.h
    #include math.h
    main void ()

int number
    cout>> "WTF? enter a freaking number";
    cin<< number;
    cout>> "HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed! I'm being repressed/n;
    cout>> "say please"

Yes it's really time to sleep. I'm getting delirious. Or perhaps time to inject myself with some coffee. This is sad. Back to work.

8. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

Tobtolip:

On a more serious note, the math/CS major thing will certainly help you stand out. However it only helps significantly when it's extra icing on the cake (as in the other aspects of your application are solid). It very rarely compensates for deficiencies in one's apps. You'll be held to the same standards of GPA, MCATs, extracurriculars, research, and the like. When are you applying? Great choice of major! Have fun and good luck.

9. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was a CS major in undergrad, and did all the premed stuff after graduating. I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain the Computer Science --> Medicine thing. :)

10. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Golly,
    Get a good night's sleep tonight. What were all you good people doing up so late last night? Did you ever go to sleep? I sure hope you didn't have school today. :cool:

11. NuMD97

NuMD97 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Interesting, Coalboy. And my sister left U of Chicago Pritzker for Computer Science and became a programmer. To each his own, I guess. :)

12. Sonya

Sonya Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Amy Beth:
    <strong>Golly,
    Get a good night's sleep tonight. What were all you good people doing up so late last night? Did you ever go to sleep? I sure hope you didn't have school today. :cool: </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I took a little nap between 4 am to 4:50... or maybe 5 to 5:50... or something, but no i didn't get to sleep. and yeah, i got class at 9 am... which gives me a little more than an hour to figure out e- orbitals.
    what was i doing? studying for a stupid class that is SUPPOSED to be real easy.... supposed!
    ah well.
    sorry for all random ness. now let's see the effect of me going to lab and doing research in this half awake state...