Signed from Research Advisor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emergen-C

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember getting an interview invite where they said to bring signed statements from anyone you've done or are doing research with? Chances are that this occurred in a dream I had...I've looked all through my emails and can't find it now! If anyone has any more recolletions about this, please let me know :) Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

there were a few interviews i went on that wanted that... regions, wustl come to mind immediately.

however, i'm pretty sure that they just want to make sure that you actually did research and are not shining up the CV... so if you don't have it with you, you can certainly send it in later.

so no, not a dream, but some programs don't require it (but it can be helpful).

my $0.02,
-t

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys!

MDH-- I've interviewed at a number of research-oriented places and haven't run into this. But I haven't interviewed at Regions or WUSTL.

The only programs who wanted additional items are:
1) Hennepin (I think) wanted a copy of your abstract/paper if you presented/published and mention it in your CV.
2) Davis wanted a copy of faculty reviews/comments on your EM rotation performance.

Maybe for those who didn't get asked, it was because you published and they didn't need proof, or that you got an LOR from the research advisor which sufficed for a statement.