Army Signed HPSP Contract 1 month ago, question/concern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fried Plantaris

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a text from recruiter last week. My recruiter said he had to "resubmit" the contract-due to a computer error, (I think is what he told me.) I was concerned about my benefits starting from that point than when I originally signed. Time is money. He assures me they will use the commissioning date. Anyways this week will mark the end of my 120 days from taking out my loan. (My school required me to take out a loan because by the start of school year, I was still in scroll.) So I was feeling pressured to get on it, because I will be stuck with the fees/interest/etc. from the loan that won't be reimbursed by the army. I contact my school's bursar today about the issue, and they say they will ask an army contact. Army contact says they have not received anything to this point, and my records are still at the recruiting command. My concern is that if the recruiter said he would submit the contract last week/and before that last month, why have the records not left the recruiting command.

My other question is what do I do about it? This whole situation has been extremely frustrating from the beginning and I am in need of the loan money for the holidays. Several other military students told me to go to the commander, but idk who that is. Please comment if you are willing to give guidance to the matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, this type of thing is going to be your life until you leave military service. Exactly like this.

Call the recruiter. Continue to pester him until he gives up on you and sends you up the food chain. or just ask him if you can speak with the CO, or if there is someone further down the line who you could call for verification.

unfortunately there really isn't anything you can do other than that so far as I am aware. possible there's some kind of fancy online thing you can check, but i would be amazed if it exists and utterly floored if it was accurate.

Unfortunately, this type of thing is going to be your life until you leave military service. Exactly like this.

This is so sadly true.

possible there's some kind of fancy online thing you can check, but i would be amazed if it exists and utterly floored if it was accurate.

This is also true. How sad is that? I remember being drilled about core values - "Excellence in all we do" - and then when stuff always, consistently, and inevitably gets screwed up, they would say, "welp, that's the Air Force, what were you expecting?"

It can't be both! Either it's "Excellence in all we do" or it's "Expect screw-ups", but not both!

But yeah I agree with the advice. It's the same approach you'll have when Finance messes up your paycheck, when MPS screws up your orders, and when the Med Group loses your records. Good luck!

Edit: Sorry I hijacked an Army thread :)

Last edited: