Signing Up for the OAT

iKnome

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there

Im trying to sign up to take the OAT and i got that Packet in the Mail from the OAT people saying that I need to fill out this information sheet <same as the one you fill out when you sign up online> BUT it also says that I need a letter from a pre-optometry counselor! I dont even have a pre - opt. counselor anymore, ive already graduated and have a B.S. Even when I was an undergrad, i did not visit the counselors, they were extremely unhelpful. What did you guys do for this letter and whats the point of it? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I never had a requirement to get a letter from a pre-optometry counselor when I signed up to take the exam. Is this some kind of new policy? I signed up for the exam back in March and took it in May, so this is brand new to me...

I never had a requirement to get a letter from a pre-optometry counselor when I signed up to take the exam. Is this some kind of new policy? I signed up for the exam back in March and took it in May, so this is brand new to me...

Yeah I believe its a new policy then. Ive been trying to call ASCO but after i told the operator my situation, he told me to hold and tht he was transferring me and then i got a voicemail so I left a message. well about a week later, I called again since they didnt return my calls and yet again, I got a voicemail...and here I am. Im going to call again later tomorrow...