Similarities between the practice test of different companies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

priyanka

Neuro-tic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, since most of you have been in the mode of taking a lot of Full Length Practice Exams, I'll like to ask this question:

Are the practice tests provided by the different companies like TPR, Kaplan and EK- almost the same? I am asking about the NON-AAMC practice tests. Is there any similarity? ofcourse I know that the format is same for each one, but I guess my question is, Is each of this practice test UNIQUE- having exclusive passages/questions from the other?Does anyone see any kind of overlap?

Thanks!
-Pri

Members don't see this ad.

i find TPR verbal to ask very detailed questions, to the point where you have to read entire paragraphs to get the answer...EK verbal is my savior, its because of them I have a respectable score...the sciences i haven't done too much comparing with other companies because for PS i do well and BS has been STUDY STUDY STUDY...

i find that there isn't too much strategy involved in PS or BS, either you know it or you don't..for verbal its like you're tom cruise in mission impossible, you need a secret decoder and plan of attack to do the damn section... :mad:

NilamPatel said:
i find TPR verbal to ask very detailed questions, to the point where you have to read entire paragraphs to get the answer...EK verbal is my savior, its because of them I have a respectable score...the sciences i haven't done too much comparing with other companies because for PS i do well and BS has been STUDY STUDY STUDY...

i find that there isn't too much strategy involved in PS or BS, either you know it or you don't..for verbal its like you're tom cruise in mission impossible, you need a secret decoder and plan of attack to do the damn section... :mad:

Thanks Nilam,
I guess I did not word my question correctly. What I meant to ask is, are any of the practice tests ditto same to each other? You know what I mean? Like same questions, same passages on there? For eg, lets say, does TPR steal quesions from AAMC in any of TPR's full length practice tests?

I can only speak for EK Verbal, but the EK 101 Verbal is pretty much spot on with the AAMC tests. You could haggle here and there about the difficulty of the questions or the readability of the passages, but I literally cannot feel a noticeable difference between EK and AAMC tests.