1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Simple Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by t2oo5, Aug 8, 2006.

1. t2oo5

t2oo5 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When do most pre-meds take the MCAT?
    What are secondaries? I dont know much about the application process, so thanks for your patience! (I do searches, but cant find exactly what a secondary is, just thousdands of posts about various secondaries)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Robizzle

Robizzle 1K Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    most premeds take the MCAT the april of their junior year. but since it's gonna be computerized now.. im not sure what will happen

as for secondaries.. its the supplemental application that a majority (or every) school has. the AMCAS is the primary app where u fill out info with grades, extracurriculars, and ur personal statement.. but secondaries are specific to the individual schools. they'll ask about family ties to the school, maybe why u wanna go there, and other specific questions. then they'll ask u to write a fat check.

4. Dr.TobiasFünke

Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    MCATS - April of their junior year, some do August but then they are late applying.

After you fill out the standardized AMCAS application, many (almost all) schools send you secondary applicaton with an additional application fee and essays to complete.

If they like you you then get an interview ans if you do well maybe an acceptance.

PM me is you wantto know more.

5. geno2568

geno2568 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    basically, the secondaries are one of the (many) ways in which med schools get money. lots of it.

On my NYMC secondary, the only thing other than my credit card information that i wrote down is "Cornell University" (my ugrad). I'm not exagerating. And o ye....that cost $100.

6. Compass

Compass Squishy
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

They don't earn money from that. They have to pay their secretaries hours to handle and sort the information for if anything in fact, goes wrong. Like an office-bound tornado.