Sinai adcom meeting today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jad2121

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm freaking out just a little

Members don't see this ad.

I'm freaking out just a little
i really really think it's friday. Mainly because when i called and asked, they told me it was friday. But also because when i looked at previous sinai acceptances they were mostly on friday. but i'm freaking out too, just in case.

You know what? i called again and they said Friday. Thats so weird though, last time I called they said it was going to be today. Sorry, i'll make a new thread this friday

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what? i called again and they said Friday. Thats so weird though, last time I called they said it was going to be today. Sorry, i'll make a new thread this friday
or, we could just keep freaking out till friday and keep this thread alive! I have enough nervousness and anxiety in me to make it three more days, how bout you? hehe.
I LOVE Sinai!:love:

oooh... things are tense. :)

:luck::luck::luck:

Weird story... I work in a running shop, and a customer I had over the weekend just so happens to be the spin instructor for one of my interviewers.

She told me to come in and take a class and chat him up. How weird would that be!?

Ummm thats awesome!!! I'm very jealous

Ummm thats awesome!!! I'm very jealous

I dunno... I think it would be tooooo weird.

I also don't think he would appreciate it. He's probably doing the spin class for health and to blow off some steam. The last thing he wants is "work" to show up.

bumping for additional freaking out.
Have i mentioned how much i loved sinai? I'm starting to majorly doubt how well my interviews went and question the one or two answers i wish i could change. OMG is it friday yet!?!?!?!?!?!

bumping for additional freaking out.
Have i mentioned how much i loved sinai? I'm starting to majorly doubt how well my interviews went and question the one or two answers i wish i could change. OMG is it friday yet!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh man. I'm definitely worried about one of mine. My first interview wasn't so great, but I think my second interview went really well. I don't know if that's gonna cut it, though...

I remember someone in the admissions office saying acceptances were sent out via e-mail? At least that means no mailmen will be attacked... :)

When do the letters ship and what dates of interview are they reviewing?

Oh man. I'm definitely worried about one of mine. My first interview wasn't so great, but I think my second interview went really well. I don't know if that's gonna cut it, though...

I remember someone in the admissions office saying acceptances were sent out via e-mail? At least that means no mailmen will be attacked... :)
yeah from what i read with the earlier acceptances, acceptances and waitlists are by email, rejections are snail mail. So, if some people get accepted/waitlisted on friday and we don't, that means we've been rejected most likely. unless for some reason our interviewer didn't get stuff in on time.

Acceptances are sent via e-mail. Waitlists might be sent via e-mail too, but I'm not 100% sure about that. It seems that some people only received waitlists via snail mail while others got an email before the snail mail.

Good luck guys! :luck:

When do the letters ship and what dates of interview are they reviewing?
they email out acceptances and waitlists on friday 2/22. I'm assuming they send out the rejectiosn the same day, but via snail mail. I don't know all the dates they're reviewing, but dienekes and i interviewed 1/17 and we were told we'd be in this batch.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed 1/30 and was told we would be in this batch as well.

Guess that means me too. Good Luck All!

So the ones in this batch can expect some good news tomorrow?

essentially, no news will be bad news in this case, because they snail mail out rejections and email everything else.

Wow. I wonder what time we'll find out.

This is kinda tense. :)

Good luck everyone!!!

:luck::luck::luck::luck:

I am hoping its early! Can't be pressing refresh every five seconds again

I am hoping its early! Can't be pressing refresh every five seconds again

Oh god, I'm such a stalker...
According to the Acceptance thread:

DrunkMD got his by 11:09 AM (Post 610)
Green Apple got his by 11:24 AM (Post 653)
MSJLewis got his by 3:13 PM (Post 857)
TrojanMatt got his by 6:08 (Post 984)

I picked the earliest times posted for each acceptance date listed...so I'm guessing that the emails are out by 11 and that the later people just checked their emails later in the day? Let the anxiety begin! :)

Oh god, I'm such a stalker...
According to the Acceptance thread:

DrunkMD got his by 11:09 AM (Post 610)
Green Apple got his by 11:24 AM (Post 653)
MSJLewis got his by 3:13 PM (Post 857)
TrojanMatt got his by 6:08 (Post 984)

I picked the earliest times posted for each acceptance date listed...so I'm guessing that the emails are out by 11 and that the later people just checked their emails later in the day? Let the anxiety begin! :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I received my acceptance email late afternoon (4 PM), so it's possible that the emails may come late in the day. Good luck guys!

well... somewhere between 2 and 7 hours until we get e-mails (or not).

Interesting. I woke up at 6 this morning, and my heartrate was about 140. That was weird... especially since my resting heart rate is 40. I must be kinda nervous. :)

ug. i can't tell if that wierd feeling in my stomach is nerves or my hangover. all i know is that i do NOT want to be at work today, i want to be laying in my bed with a heated blanket far away from the snowstorm watching movies and waiting for this email.

I'm getting a piece of this snowstorm Dienekes. I got class today and I'm feeling mighty lazy right now.

Clarification: I received my acceptance e-mail at 4pm as well EASTERN time. I don't know what time this forum is on but it was 4pm NY time. So take into account time zones!

Good luck! :luck:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I received my acceptance email late afternoon (4 PM), so it's possible that the emails may come late in the day. Good luck guys!

If anything, that's good news (especially to people who haven't gotten anything early in the day). Thanks for the correction. :)

I just found out i didn't get that stony brook fellowship i had been nominated for... i have the feeling this is gonna be a lousy day. now i'm counting on sinai even more, and setting myself up for disappointment.

I just found out i didn't get that stony brook fellowship i had been nominated for... i have the feeling this is gonna be a lousy day. now i'm counting on sinai even more, and setting myself up for disappointment.

:( Sorry. Don't let yourself think that the fellowship has any bearing on your Sinai decision. I think I remember your saying you had a pretty good interview. I'm optimistic about your chances! :)

Theoretically, some of us might hear in 34 minutes.

:( Sorry. Don't let yourself think that the fellowship has any bearing on your Sinai decision. I think I remember your saying you had a pretty good interview. I'm optimistic about your chances! :)

Theoretically, some of us might hear in 34 minutes.
you know how right after, you may think you had a good interview, but then you overanalyze and think of all of the things you could have done better? yeah. i've done that. i usually don't but i did with cornell and i did with sinai. blah. i just feel like they went well, but with my stats they needed to go phenominally, you know? i need to stop second guessing myself and just calm down. the stony brook thing just put me in a funk. the combination of that, the headache and nausea of the hangover, and my nerves going CRAZY about the sinai decision, is killing me today. i just can't wait to find out!!!

It's funny, since i first started applying, i always thought that cornell was my top choice. i was sure. i loved everything about it, and my college roommate for all 4 years goes there and we wanted to be together and live together and everything. but recently, like, since my interview...i've realized that i might actually like Mount Sinai better. i think it's my absolute top top choice. so the pressure is on.

you know how right after, you may think you had a good interview, but then you overanalyze and think of all of the things you could have done better? yeah. i've done that. i usually don't but i did with cornell and i did with sinai. blah. i just feel like they went well, but with my stats they needed to go phenominally, you know? i need to stop second guessing myself and just calm down. the stony brook thing just put me in a funk. the combination of that, the headache and nausea of the hangover, and my nerves going CRAZY about the sinai decision, is killing me today. i just can't wait to find out!!!

It's funny, since i first started applying, i always thought that cornell was my top choice. i was sure. i loved everything about it, and my college roommate for all 4 years goes there and we wanted to be together and live together and everything. but recently, like, since my interview...i've realized that i might actually like Mount Sinai better. i think it's my absolute top top choice. so the pressure is on.

aaj- I felt the exact same way...switched my love from Cornell to Mt. Sinai. But then I got waitlisted at Mt. Sinai. And then I interviewed at Keck and Brown, so now NYC is really far down on my list!! I just thought it was funny that you and I both raved and raved about Cornell and then ended up liking Mt. Sinai more. It was surprising to me, but I loved Sinai. I'm sure you'll get in- one of my interviews was TERRIBLE, so it didn't surprise me to get the waitlist.

Good luck!

And I also second your hangover. Going out on a Thursday night always sounds like a MUCH better idea than it is. Today sucks...

Sorry to hear that aaj!

I know a girl who went to Harvard ugrad and when it came down to deciding between med schools it came down to Cornell and Mt. Sinai. She chose Mt. Sinai. I ran into her at my interview and she absolutely loves it there. She said she made the best decision in choosing it over Cornell.

It seems that Mt. Sinai is a hidden jewel that often gets overlooked/overshadowed by Cornell and Columbia. When I was there it seemed like one big family... which weirded me out somewhat but was refreshing.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear! :luck:

And I also second your hangover. Going out on a Thursday night always sounds like a MUCH better idea than it is. Today sucks...
hehe truth. Although i had so much fun last night and wouldn't trade it for anything. plus i got a small ego boost when i was asked out by a very hot guy.

thanks for the luck everyone and i'm wishing the same to all of you!!!! sorry to hear you were waitlisted hereicome, we seem to have very similar taste in schools, haha i remember posting with you in cornell and brown threads a lot. i wish i had sucked up the money and taken the keck interview... that's definitely something i regret missing now.
It's after eleven but still no emails...the thought of five more hours is making me :scared: but kinda in a good way. this might be the last time i have to feel this nervous...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!

ps for all those waiting...
PLEASE post here the moment that you hear anything!!! i'd really appreciate it. i have two meetings today, so if i hear anythign during them i won't be able to post till just after, but they should all be over by 2:30. do i sound too neurotic?

ps for all those waiting...
PLEASE post here the moment that you hear anything!!! i'd really appreciate it. i have two meetings today, so if i hear anythign during them i won't be able to post till just after, but they should all be over by 2:30. do i sound too neurotic?

a little bit...jk. good luck!! i'm waiting on a decision too :)

do they always send out decisions the same day as the adcom meeting?

Ahh... This is quite a disappointment. No news yet.

Ahh... This is quite a disappointment. No news yet.
haha i knowwwwwwww i think i've officially gone crazy(er)!!!!! i can't handle it. my job is closing early and i'm so worried that my internet wont be working at home. me, sad about leaving work early? that's just unheard of. every time someone posts in this thread i freak out that they've been accepted and i didn't get an email and the world is over. my post count might go over a thousand today just from this thread.

haha i knowwwwwwww i think i've officially gone crazy(er)!!!!! i can't handle it. my job is closing early and i'm so worried that my internet wont be working at home. me, sad about leaving work early? that's just unheard of. every time someone posts in this thread i freak out that they've been accepted and i didn't get an email and the world is over. my post count might go over a thousand today just from this thread.

i'm hoping for good news from sinai, but i'm pulling for you even more. :) hehe, hope this post didn't make you freak out.

oh, the waiting...

i'm hoping for good news from sinai, but i'm pulling for you even more. :) hehe, hope this post didn't make you freak out.

oh, the waiting...
thank you. everyone in this thread is sooooo nice!! i can't believe it it's like all the nice people on sdn huddled in one group, it's awesome. i feel bad that i'm being so crazy, i'm not normally like this i swear! haha but i just got an email, saw at the bottom of the screen Gmail-Inbox(1) and had a small heart attack. it was direct tv reminding me that i haven't paid my bill. not only was it not from sinai, but it just reminded me how broke i am. thanks, email.

i wouldn't anticipate every second. my friend was accepted a couple weeks after the adcom met to discuss his file. it takes some time. go out and have some fun!

i just called. i got a recording that said that the office of admissions will be closed today at 3pm due to inclement weather. i am pretty sure that means we will not be hearing today.

Thats just aweful, now we gotta go through this for another day

Thats just aweful, now we gotta go through this for another day

I work there and I am going to go look now to see if they really are closed...

im pretty sure the adcom doesnt meet on the weekends either.

I work there and I am going to go look now to see if they really are closed...

There is a big fat sign that says closed... re-opening Monday at 9am. I bet the adcom wasnt able to meet if people were absent. Here we go again!