Sinai adcom meeting today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got email. I'm in! Interviewed 1/18

Congrats!!

I'm going to keep obsessively checking my email now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Members don't see this ad.

It was weird because I called yesterday and the lady said i would have to wait for 1-2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was weird because I called yesterday and the lady said i would have to wait for 1-2 weeks.
I definitely quoted the wrong post of yours...but anyway, congratulations!! I have to admitt i am green with envy/jealousy right now. i've finished clicking refresh on my email inbox and accepted that i will not hear today. but i am quite happy for you. is sinai a top choice for you?

After reading about all those acceptance mistakes, I'm freaking myself out. I'm still waiting on a few schools but NYC is definitely the place to be, right?

just got an email too...but its for the alternate list. good luck.

Ah, thats really unfortunately James. Looking at your medapp, we have the exact same stats. We're waiting on the same schools too. But if i were you, i wouldn't miss out on Cali weather haha.

Ah, thats really unfortunately James. Looking at your medapp, we have the exact same stats. We're waiting on the same schools too. But if i were you, i wouldn't miss out on Cali weather haha.

Thanks...to be honest, I probably would have stayed here anyways. Good luck with the rest of your schools!

I got an email for the alternate list =[....i interviewed on 1/18.
does anyone know wat the chances are of getting accepted from the alternate list?

just got my acceptance email...first acceptance!!!!!!!! interviewed 2/4

can this be real???? how do i know for sure???

congrats everyone that got in!!

i'm on the alternate list too. i'm sure the acceptances are forreal...don't freak out. :) celebrate!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats everyone that got in!!

i'm on the alternate list too. i'm sure the acceptances are forreal...don't freak out. :) celebrate!

cant celebrate just yet...i have a test in a few hours (typical premed lol)...but afterwards...it's on

Been watching this thread since last week...I just got an acceptance email too! I definitely have some choices to make now, I absolutely loved this school. More importantly my wife loves New York City and I just got to tell her the good news on her birthday! Congrats to everyone that received an acceptance today and best of luck to those of you who were put on the alternate list or are still awaiting a decision.

Been watching this thread since last week...I just got an acceptance email too! I definitely have some choices to make now, I absolutely loved this school. More importantly my wife loves New York City and I just got to tell her the good news on her birthday! Congrats to everyone that received an acceptance today and best of luck to those of you who were put on the alternate list or are still awaiting a decision.

congrats Jatt. When did you interview?

I interviewed on 2/4

Okay so i know i've come off as a ridiculously neurotic uptight premed in this thread, but the way i figure it, you probably already think that, so hey, why control it now? I just called mount sinai to see if all decisions had been sent out and we should assume rejection if we didn't hear anything. She said that there was a problem with one batch of emails and they all got returned to the shcool, and that it would be fixed tomorrow. So for those of us who didn't hear anything, there may still be good/medium news on the way, and we don't have to assume rejection yet.

Congrats to everyone who heard! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you aaj!

got acceptance email today!! so pumped, never has beening in the lab for 12 hrs felt so good. i'll be here til 8:30ish. great!!!!!good luck to everybody out there. (interview feb 5)

I'm on the alternate list. Darn it! 2/5 interview

Congrats to everyone who got in. :)

Me too. I checked it from my phone at work. I could only read the first part of the first line... "We are pleased to inform you that you have been"... and I thought I had been accepted. Then I scrolled down to realize that it was a spot on the Alternate list.

I don't know what I was thinking. I mean... your stats wreck mine. Other peoples' do too. Ack. That's life.

Oh come on, you have a 39 MCAT. Give yourself some credit.

Hahaha. I think scores over 35... are pretty much all the same. Having a bomb diggity MCAT also puts a big question mark over my mediocre GPA - derived from excessive interest in athletics.

It's pretty much the fact that I didn't show much interest in medicine until my senior year, because that's when I decided I was going to apply to medical school. Even then... I haven't done much to pursue it. Heck, I'm in culinary school right now. I'm not doing anything to make up for my lack of ECs, volunteering, and research. I think Adcoms at Dartmouth and Mt. Sinai are scratching their heads wondering if medicine is just another random interest of mine.

Sorry, I'm just a little down. I feel like I blew a good chance by not knowing what the heck I wanted to do... then not kicking it into high gear once I figured out medicine was my path.

Congrats to everyone who got in. :)

Me too. I checked it from my phone at work. I could only read the first part of the first line... "We are pleased to inform you that you have been"... and I thought I had been accepted. Then I scrolled down to realize that it was a spot on the Alternate list.

I don't know what I was thinking. I mean... your stats wreck mine. Other peoples' do too. Ack. That's life.

HAHA, I thought the same thing when I saw the first line of the email. I don't know why they were "Pleased" to inform us we were not accepted...sort of cruel. I think it is sorta funny.

I feel like my entire life is playing a big joke on me right now. Every time something seems close it gets further and further away. Sinai is just one more of those things right now. Just got an email (which it was really nice of them to send, but i was still a little disappointed)
The most important part said:
I wanted to give you an update on the admissions process since your interview. Unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts both of your interviewers have been unable to attend the meetings to discuss your application and therefore we have not been able to come to a final decision. Since our interview season is winding down you should hear from us with a decision by mid-March.

then she gave me some hope by talking about how they keep spots open until the end of the season... so the waiting continues. this mysterious "mid-march" which i've been anticipating so long because of the cornell decision is quickly becoming the hardest thing to wait for EVER.

I feel like my entire life is playing a big joke on me right now. Every time something seems close it gets further and further away. Sinai is just one more of those things right now. Just got an email (which it was really nice of them to send, but i was still a little disappointed)
I wanted to give you an update on the admissions process since your interview. Unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts both of your interviewers have been unable to attend the meetings to discuss your application and therefore we have not been able to come to a final decision. Since our interview season is winding down you should hear from us with a decision by mid-March.

then she gave me some hope by talking about how they keep spots open until the end of the season... so the waiting continues. this mysterious "mid-march" which i've been anticipating so long because of the cornell decision is quickly becoming the hardest thing to wait for EVER.

awww, sorry to hear that aaj :( hopefully you will hear great news from all these schools after all this waiting. "mid-march" will be here before you know it :thumbup:

I've been following this thread for the past couple weeks. I interviewed on 1/23 and got that same email today. It really sucks because Sinai is one of my top choices. You're not alone in suffering aaj, i'll be waiting along with you
icon14.gif

awww, sorry to hear that aaj :( hopefully you will hear great news from all these schools after all this waiting. "mid-march" will be here before you know it :thumbup:

Thanks so much for all the kind words you always give! I know that realistically mid-march is not that far...im just really bad at waiting. And i feel like, if it is a waitlist, it's going to be harder to take because of all the extra anticipation. So i'lljust have to be optimistic like you!

I've been following this thread for the past couple weeks. I interviewed on 1/23 and got that same email today. It really sucks because Sinai is one of my top choices. You're not alone in suffering aaj, i'll be waiting along with you
icon14.gif

Aw sorry. Ice Panda got it too. So the three of us can keep this thread alive waiting and anticipating. Sinai is a top choice for me too. waiting is a killer.

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while now and it really sucks that you have to wait some more. aaj117, just want to say your profile blows me away. Your ECs are amazing and I am sure you're very personable. Anyhow, I'll join you guys in keeping this thread alive; my interview is on March 11th. Good luck to all that are still waiting.

anyone know when the next adcom meeting is? :-D please?

I heard rumor from someone who interviewed this week that there should be some decisions sent out either friday or monday. Like, a lot of decisions. But of course, who knows? I'm trying not to get my hopes up...but that's not realistic.

DocI thanks so much for the compliments!! I only hope that sinai feels the same way! I was starting to get a littel too calm and de-stressed, so let's get this thread back up and running!

I'll match your enthusiasm, aaj117--Mount Sinai is one of my top choices. And I'll echo DocI's sentiment and say that it'd be an honor to be your classmate!

I have also heard decisions will be coming out to us "around March 17." Best of luck, everyone!

when i called today, they said i'd hear in 1-2 weeks, but that no decision had been made...who knows? i am nervous just thinking about it :-O

I interviewed yesterday(last day of their interview season) and was told that decisions would be out by this Friday and if not, by Monday they would be out.

that is truly terrifying :-O but at least it would put an end to all this waiting...

i really really really hope it's friday and not monday. The waiting over the weekend wouldn't bother me so much, but i have a great friend coming to visit for the weekend, and if i get in i'd have someone to celebrate with, and if i get waitlisted/rejected i'll have something to take my mind off it. if i get waitlisted/rejected on monday, it'll be all i have to think about all week until some painful drs visits friday, and if i get in monday i wouldn't have anyone to celebrate with all week....so PLEASE sinai, pleeeeease send out the emails friday. I've been waiitng as paitently as i can for quite a while and some good news would be AWESOME.

i agree i agree i agree :-D
fingers crossed for everyone!!!!!!

Today is THE day folks!

Does anyone want to be brave and call to see if decisions will really be sent today???

this is such a happy thread!!! Thanks everyone for spreading around the luck to all of us who are waiting. I would call, but i think with the frequency i have called, they probably don't want to hear from me anymore haha i think i've been bothering them but it's only becuase i love them. :love:
But, they do say, if you love something, set it free, and see if it comes back to you....haha which i think means i need to stop calling. if someone else happened to, however, they might be my new best friend.

I just called... and they said all decisions will be sent by email and we should hear something either later today or on Monday..

thank you so much for calling! i wish they could give us something slightly more definitive though, haha instead of the same unsure we already know. I guess that means the committee is meeting now, and they're not sure if they'll have time to send out emails after...which means we shouldn't expect anything till like four...which means we should play some type of game or something to pass the time.

PS, i'm at work. work, in fact, should pass the time. however, it's not, and i'm bored, and getting antsy.

PS, i'm at work. work, in fact, should pass the time. however, it's not, and i'm bored, and getting antsy.

In the exact same boat, and gettin' fidgety! I just wiped off my desk to pass the time...! *sigh*

We could play... twenty questions? Eh?