Sinai adcom meeting today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok i'm totally in! hmmmm okay i've got something, start asking questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm... are you thinking of an acceptance e-mail to Mount Sinai? ;)

Just kiddin'. Hmm, is it something you might find in a typical workplace/office?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it something alive/animate or dead/inanimate?

I just realized that was an illegal question (wasn't yes or no). I'm bad at this!

Alright, let's see... is it something created/manufactured by man?

I just realized that was an illegal question (wasn't yes or no). I'm bad at this!

Alright, let's see... is it something created/manufactured by man?
that's ok, you cuold have gotten it from a yes/no if it was "is it inanimate"

anyway, yes, it is manufactured by man.

I got waitlisted, just received it.

Q4: In terms of area, is it smaller than a sheet of paper?

We interrupt this game of 20 Questions to report:

Waitlist.

Hope the rest of you fare better!

It is smaller than a sheet of paper.

Still nothing for me. Can we discuss this? i was supposed to hear a month ago!!! I interviewed in January! Please just let me in! I'll do ANYTHING!

okay just kidding, NOW i've been waitlisted. And they're pleased to inform me. Bleh. I'm pleased to inform them that i'm throwing out the rest of my lunch and may never be hungry again.

okay just kidding, NOW i've been waitlisted. And they're pleased to inform me. Bleh. I'm pleased to inform them that i'm throwing out the rest of my lunch and may never be hungry again.

Heh, that was the tough part: they start out the e-mail with "We are pleased to inform you..." I know somebody had posted that a few weeks ago, but my heart still skipped a beat!

I think everyone who isn't accepted gets waitlisted, so this will be unpredictable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your congratulations!! I'm super-psyched. I'm a first time poster here and long time lurker. :) And I wish all of you on the waitlist the best of luck!! I'm sure you'll be happy no matter where you go, but I hope to see you all in New York. :)

anyone in philadelphia, i'm thinking of having a pity party. right now, it's party of one. care to join?

congrats to those that got in too!

for those of you on the waitlist...sinai has long been my close #2 choice, and is my only acceptance...i hope i get in my #1 school so that i can free up my spot for one of you!

add me to the waitlist (e-mail). interviewed late feb.

waitlisted as well. Not pleased but can live with it. Big big congrats to all those accepted. Hopefully I'll get off the waitlist. aaj, I'll be at the party

You can add me to the waitlist pity party as well.... (Interviewed on 1/23). Congrats to everyone that got in though!

In ... but now the tough part of choosing.

i got waitlisted; this was the last school from which i was waiting to hear. i've already decided on Case but it would have been nice to maintain my perfect interview record :rolleyes:

i'm withdrawing, so one less on the waitlist. good luck all!

:( Sorry to everyone waitlisted.

I think I remember one of the admissions staff saying that sending them regular updates would be a sign of continued interest and improve your chances of making it off the waitlist.

As for me, I'm not staying on the waitlist...

for anyone that has received the official letter - did it state when we can expect to hear back from them if accepted off the waitlist? I mailed mine back but cannot recall if there were any dates specified.
Thanks

I haven't gotten the snail mailed waitlist letter yet. But I did get the second look invite. Anyone else who was waitlisted going? I plan on.

interviewed in November - was told in December that I'd hear in May....

I haven't gotten the snail mailed waitlist letter yet. But I did get the second look invite. Anyone else who was waitlisted going? I plan on.

Hmm, waitlister here, and I haven't received a second-look invite (and I would strongly consider attending). Were they sent via e-mail or snail-mail?

i haven't gotten the waitlist letter yet either, but i got the SEOM second look invite also. I rsvpd already that i'm going, although i'm a little worried about going. I already love the school so much and i'm afraid i'm just going to get even more attached and be even more disappointed when i end up somehwere else. Plus it's the same weekend as the stony brook second look, which i've actually been accepted to and will probably end up at if i don't get into sinai i guess, but i'm not totally sure. I'm trying to figure out how to split the weekend between the two second looks without looking uninterested in sinai. I'm also working on my LOI to sinai today.

What's SEOM? good luck aaj, btw :).

What's SEOM? good luck aaj, btw :).
thanks! SEOM is the students for equal opportunity in medicine, it's sorta their minority group (the weekend is targeting urms)

Now I'm not sure of what to do. I really want to go to the U of Rochester's Second Look event, but the problem is it is set for the same day as Sinai. I love Rochester and would really like to see what the environment is like (especially the weather) for myself. I also want to tour the offered on-campus and off-campus apartments. However, I also like the opportunity of being closer to home (I live in Baltimore, MD) and obviously Sinai would allow that to happen. My question is, Would going to Sinai's Second Look event help me get off the waitlist? Isn't my LOI enough? Please, anyone, help!

Now I'm not sure of what to do. I really want to go to the U of Rochester's Second Look event, but the problem is it is set for the same day as Sinai. I love Rochester and would really like to see what the environment is like (especially the weather) for myself. I also want to tour the offered on-campus and off-campus apartments. However, I also like the opportunity of being closer to home (I live in Baltimore, MD) and obviously Sinai would allow that to happen. My question is, Would going to Sinai's Second Look event help me get off the waitlist? Isn't my LOI enough? Please, anyone, help!
I am having the same issue, it's the same weekend as stony brook's second look, which is where i'll probably end up if i don't get into sinai, but i'm really unsure about that decision so i wanted to go to stony brook's. But, the way i look at it, the Dean's breakfast Saturday morning, where we have the opportuintiy to talk with all the deans and some other faculty, is a great opportunity. I do think this could help us get off the waitlist. I also plan to write in my LOI that i will be attending because of my interest in the school, and i'm hoping that that will help a little.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but...

Does anyone have any clue as to how quickly Sinai begins to take people off the waitlist once things begin to fall into place? I know May 15th is the big day, but do things start moving that week or are we going to be waiting until mid-June?

Does anyone have any clue as to how quickly Sinai begins to take people off the waitlist once things begin to fall into place? I know May 15th is the big day, but do things start moving that week or are we going to be waiting until mid-June?

Accodring to past Sinai waitlist threads, they started taking people off in early June...don't know if that's true for this year, but that's what was reported on sdn for 2007 and 2006.

at the minority revisit they said the earliest they ever start taking people off is the very end of May, but usually not till early june.

Thank you for both responses...

aaj117 if you dont mind me asking, how did the revisit weekend go?

Thank you for both responses...

aaj117 if you dont mind me asking, how did the revisit weekend go?
it was really great and the people were amazing. unfortunately it made me realize how many people are actually on the waitlist (400) and how small my chances probably are. But i still love sinai and will try my hardest to get off of it.

Yeah I really wish I knew where I stood on that list of 400 people...

Good luck getting off of the waitlist! Hopefully, we'll both get spots!

probably can't do much on the sinai waitlist. it's ranked so it seems like letters etc won't do much at sinai compared to other schools.

actually I remember at my interview they said letters of interest do make a difference.