Single best book for Step 2 CK...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colts

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the single best book people recommend for Step 2 CK?

Members don't see this ad.

MTB Step 2 covers most of it well, especially IM. Some add in Step 2 relevant material (mainly for OBG and paediatrics) from MTB Step 3. You could possibly supplement biostatistics, behavioural sciences and dermatology from other sources if you need to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel that the secrets books is particularly high yield for the sub specialties esp surgical sub specialties , ENT, ORTHO,Vacular surg n i personally really like the question answer format . you can always use that book in addition to MTB2

I have decided to go with mtb2 and uw only. hope these are enough for a score of 240.

Reactions: 1 user
i literally just have microsoft word (or notepad) open and when i do questions i type up the learning objectives or explanations, and add mnemonics and stuff

i've done this for about 1/2 the bank now, hopefully finishing the bank in the next 10 days or so, can send you if you pm me your email.

after getting tons of PM's for my file. i just decided to share it and make it public

i only ask you to let me know if you find errors so i can fix !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bonw4puhba0k5rb/step 2 ck notes reorganized.docx

Do you still have this doc, and if so, can you repost a new link? This one says nothing is there, and it sounds like a really well organized doc that I would love to model for my own studying. Thank you so much!!

I am taking step 2 ck on August 31st, but I'm trying to figure out out how to break down the material over 8 weeks, any suggestions???? I'm using MTB 2 & 3, STEP UP TO MEDICINE. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!