Single day volunteering events worth mentioning on supplements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allons-y

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Midwestern Supplement question:
Please list (no explanation, just a list) the undergraduate schools you have attended; any dental experience that you have (shadowing etc); any extracurricular activities that you have excelled at, or been involved in; and list any volunteer services including community, military and humanitarian efforts.

What I have currently for Volunteer Services:
  1. Student Dental Volunteer at UF Health Shands Hospital
  2. Biochemistry Tutor at UF Teaching Center
  3. Relay for Life volunteer (single day event)
  4. Salvation Army volunteer (single day event)
  5. Wilmot Garden cleanup volunteer (single day event)
  6. St. Anthony Hospital volunteer (high school)
  7. Carillon wellness center volunteer (high school)
  8. Menorah Manor Nursing Home Volunteer (high school)
Should I mention these one day events or does it seem desperate? Also, can I add in volunteering from high school?

I didn't have a car so anything long term off campus was not an option for me and I was super involve as an officer for a undergraduate club. :(

I really appreciate your your input! ^^

Members don't see this ad.

If it was me, I wouldn't add the ones from high school. I don't think single day events makes you sound desperate, I mean you still participated in them so I don't see why not.

Reactions: 1 users
No, especially if they were before college.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your replies! I'm still figuring this process out as I go along. :)

The only time I mentioned a single day event was for representing my dental office to talk to youth about health and science related careers. Unless it was a very significant event, I don't feel it is necessary to mention. And it's best to not mention experiences before college. Your top 3 are excellent on their own, but you can also mention that you help with various single day events as needed!

Reactions: 1 user