1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

Single-rooms?

Discussion in 'Saint George's University Forum (Sponsored)' started by Heresthedoc, 05.13.14.

1. Heresthedoc

Heresthedoc Ian

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Hi, I'm part of the August 2014 entering class. I am married with stepkids, and unfortunately, they won't be able to make the move down to the island with me (legal issues). In light of this, I'm going to want to be on Skype with them whenever I'm in my dorm room- something that I'm sure will bother other people.

My question is whether or not anyone knows if I can apply for single-room dorms at SGU. I know they're usually in very short supply, and most likely reserved for upperclassmen. Is there any way I can apply to be in one, or maybe be on a waiting list if one opens up?

Thank you all very much for your time!

2. bedevilled ben

bedevilled ben Jung at heart 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think you were probably in the other thread where I mentioned it, but just in case somebody is curious in the future: You can email the housing department and, if you have a reason to, they will allow you to live off campus Term 1 and you can get a single bedroom apartment much cheaper. They will not take out housing costs as part of your Term 1 tuition. I think it is a good option for older students that don't want to relive the "dorm life" experience (like me!).