Sinking! Need Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sb29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I am re-taking the MCAT on July 18th. My practice scores are fluctuating a lot..for AAMC's 3,4,5,6,7,8 >> 26,29,24,27,25,27 respectively.

I know it is too late to re-schedule the test...but has anybody hit a 30 on the real thing even if u had a lower AAMC prac scores ?

I don't get a verbal above 8 ( I am not a native English speaker). Is this an acceptable score for med schools?

Plz guide me! I would be really grateful to all of you! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as i know, many schools do not pay too much attention to your writing part of the test. if you do it poorly, they are not going to put much weight on it. try to do your best on other parts. Good Luck!:luck:

21, I got this exactly a week before I took my MCAT, while I get a 28 on it overall. The real thing was a much better environment for me than taking the practice ones, since there weren't any people around talking.

I did get an 11 in VR, the thing that helped me the most was to read the entire passage through, and then answer questions, only looking at the passage when absolutely necessary. Don't worry about trying to understand everything in verbal, since there were quite a few words in mine that I didn't understand, the big picture is much more important. Good luck, just don't overthink the question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 31 on my first test. Then I studied, was scoring 30-32 on practice tests. My last practice test I got a 29!! I was about to cancel the re-take, but after tears and a phone call to my mom she convinced me to go ahead and re-take it. I got a 34 (better than any of my practice tests).

There is always hope! Best of luck :)

My score was 6pts higher than my highest practice test.

I am considered to be fairly intelligent and I never broke a 30 in any of the AAMC tests. My scores were very similar to yours. After preparing for 5 months and postponing twice, I went ahead and took the test. For 2 reasons-
1. I did not want to run away from it any more
2. I usually do better in the actual tests than on the practice tests. I don't know why.

Well, I won't get the results back till 10th of Aug. So, I will find out soon, I guess.

My score was 6pts higher than my highest practice test.

ahhh lucky!!!

as for me, my real score was lower than my practice tests. /shrug, i guess thats teh way the cookie crumbles!