SIU Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a "quick" question for everyone.

I interviewed at SIU on September 26th. I know that the admissions committee meets and places you into one of three categories. The top category is the accepted category. They give you a ranking within this category and wait until December (I think) to take the top so many from that category to give ACTUAL acceptances.

Well...I received a letter yesturday stating this:

"We have designated your status as ACCEPT WHEN PLACE AVAILABLE. The School offers batch acceptances to applicants on this list in November and January. Therafter, acceptances are offered as openings become available.

If you make a firm decision to enroll in another medical shcool, please let us know as soon as possible so that other candidates on the waiting list can receive a realistic assessment of their status. In the even that you are not accepted this year, we invite you so [to...is that a typo] call ### for an advisement interview."

I assume this is the top accepted group but the title of the category was kind of strange. Am I just confused? What does anyone else think? Thanks =) =)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by nochaser:
•sounds like 'waitlist' to me, but whaddo i know?. :D

I know that's what it maybe SOUNDS like, but their system is a little different. I'm pretty sure that they have a separate waitlist. From what my interview with the Dean sounded like, I assumed I would "definitely" be accepted. That's why I was confused with the wording =)

Does anyone who is familiar with the SIU categories know?

But thanks for your reply, nochaser! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well,

the three batches would include: outright acceptances, waitlisted acceptances, and rejections. I'm pretty sure you'll get in. It's just a matter of time. I say that because it's still pretty early in the game. I'd expect to hear from them by Dec or Jan. But, like the chaser said, "What do I know?!"

Peace

Originally posted by sc:

"We have designated your status as ACCEPT WHEN PLACE AVAILABLE. The School offers batch acceptances to applicants on this list in November and January. Therafter, acceptances are offered as openings become available.

•••

I got the same letter today and don't know what to make of it either!

Spang

My advisor asked the director of admissions about this category. It is the top acceptance category. My advisor agreed that the wording was strange =) Congratulations, Spang!

sc-

Thanks! I was buggin'.

I talked the admissions staff last week and they told me the first "batch" of acceptances will be going out the first week of December. I guess we'll get another letter then!

Spang