Status
Not open for further replies.

red10

7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I'm trying to decide between the two. I know SIU is ranked while Rosalind isn't, but that's not really a huge deal to me. Cost really isn't a huge deal either because either way I'm going to have loans out the hoo haa.

My concern is, my SO will be at U of Chicago for his PhD. Since I'll be picking a residency before he is done with his degree, I think I'd like to end up in Chicago if at all possible. (If we have to be apart while I'm in med school, it's totally doable, but by the time i'm out of med we will have been dating 8 years and for the love of god I'd like to be able to get married at live together pretty soon after.)
That being said, will going to one school over the other give me an advantage or disadvantage in getting a residency placement in chicago? I've only heard great things about SIU but most people I talk to have no clue where RF is or if it's any good. I don't know what opinions in the actual medical world are though.

any thoughts?

turkaglew

7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Medical Student
RF so I can have your SIU spot :D

Just kidding, sounds like a tough situation. Have you looked at RF's match list? I have seen it on here somewhere. What type of residency are you looking for? If you want to go into PC or something less competitive, I imagine it won't be hard to place somewhere around Chicago regardless of where you go. Just my thoughts, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.