Siu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheeb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know SIU picks another batch of acceptences in March.Does anyone know WHEN in March? The admissions committee meets on March 2 and on March 30!

Members don't see this ad.

Still no SIU applicants around?

I'm just trying to keep this post alive hoping I'll get a response from current / soon to be students!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey
i am AWPA at SIU--i interviewed in early JAN got that letter at end of JAN. So...i have no clue. Th admission office told me they go out in early march--so we should hear any day (if we are in this batch of 20)..other than that it is on a case by case basis. And i know lots of people pay the 100 deposit eventhough they end up going somewhere else. This is not cool, bc that means some people get admitted to the class as late as the first day classes start. This happened the other year.

Good luck chicagohope! I guess we'll have to wait until May 15th as I would guess that if they send out the acceptances after the 03/02 meeting they would have been out by now!

I just called the Admissions office (its friday)..and they told me i did NOT go out in the march batch of acceptance letters--BUT that i should hear from them within the next month with a "formal" letter of acceptance! :) Yay! Basically you have to ask them where you "rank" on the AWPA list. They cannot tell you exact numbers, but they can tell you if you will get your acceptance letter sooner than later. Cheeb i suggest you call them soon to check it out. Good luck!

hey did u interview at UIC or any other IL schools?
I did at Rush and UIC-Rockford, and Chicago Midwestern--but I have not heard back from them yet. I loved SIU when i visited--but that was Springfield...any info on Carbondale?

chicagohope-It's been a month or so since you talked with admissions. Did you get your anticipated letter yet? Good Luck!

hey cheeb
sorry i have been out of the loop. and YES i did get accepted finally!
very cool. are you going?