SIUE - New Pharmacy school... Anyone know anything about it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarahjth

PharmD Wannabe!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently, Southern Illinois University (the Edwardsville campus - that's by St. Louis).. is open a pharmacy school. I would just :love: to go there.. I heard 75 seats are available in 2005.. Does anyone know anything about this school?

Members don't see this ad.

sarahjth said:
Apparently, Southern Illinois University (the Edwardsville campus - that's by St. Louis).. is open a pharmacy school. I would just :love: to go there.. I heard 75 seats are available in 2005.. Does anyone know anything about this school?
(I just quoted you to turn it into a color that people can see ;) )

How's this? http://www.siue.edu/PHARMACY/

It's interesting that IL is opening it's third pharmacy school. UIC, then MWU, now SIUE. IL is going to be cranking out 400 phamacists/year.

Members don't see this ad :)
SIUE Webpage said:
Resident Status
Non-resident applicants are considered for admission to the School of Pharmacy. The Dean may admit exceptional non-resident applicants to the pharmacy program as determined by academic records, personal and professional characteristics and upon recommendation of the Admissions Committee.

Sounds like they are taking in Illinois people only. I bet they won't get many applicants because it's a new school. I'm sure they will see the light when they can have a full class if they were to say they prefer Illinois residents but will accept people from anywhere. (Except Mars of course :) )

My first thought was finish pre-pharm.. so I can get in..

See why.. SIUE is different..

A) Not in Chicago or a 'burb
B) Great for rural, St. Louis area people *me*
C) In state tuition... UIC is in Chicago (not prepared to do that)
MWU..

I am glad to see that SIU is hopping aboard!

I called for a tour this summer.. but I am not exactly sure what they will be touring.. Construction? Is it up? Down? (side to side :idea: )

South2006 said:
Sounds like they are taking in Illinois people only. I bet they won't get many applicants because it's a new school.

Oh I bet they get a ton of applications. Just look at Hawaii....one SDNer said she applied to like 20 schools but only got accepted to HICP. New schools are excellent sources for "the less than ideal" candidate. I am not flaming - I do understand that there are other reasons to attend new colleges besides the easier app process.

South2006 said:
Sounds like they are taking in Illinois people only. I bet they won't get many applicants because it's a new school. I'm sure they will see the light when they can have a full class if they were to say they prefer Illinois residents but will accept people from anywhere. (Except Mars of course :) )
I guess that means I'm out! :laugh: Good thing I have already fooled you earthlings at MWU Glendale! : :D