Program-Specific Info / Q's SJSU last 60 units question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10ninja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good question! I'm not sure what the answer to that is but you might want to send an email to the head of the OT department-- Karen Papesh. Her email is [email protected]

Hello all! I have a really quick question!

For SJSU, they look at your last 60 units. Are these units supposed to be from your bachelor's degree? I've been taking CC classes every summer and a few more after I graduated and am wondering if those could count in the last 60.

Hi, I applied and got accepted for this fall. They look at your last 60 units regardless of whether it was before or after your bachelor's degree. So your CC classes will definitely count. Good luck :)!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I applied and got accepted for this fall. They look at your last 60 units regardless of whether it was before or after your bachelor's degree. So your CC classes will definitely count. Good luck :)!
What are your stats???

What are your stats???
Undergraduate cumulative GPA (graduated May 2013): 2.99
Overall cumulative GPA (including courses I took summer & fall 2013): 3.01
Last 60 units: 3.55
Prerequisite GPA: 3.9
GRE (taken November 2013): V: 160, Q: 158, W: 5
Observation hours: Over 350 hours in two settings.
Accepted: USC, SJSU
Interviews: Dominican, St. Augustine, Touro, Midwestern
Rejected: None
Attending: USC :)

I just want to remind everyone that with dedication and hardwork you will definitely get in to the programs of your choice!! I actually only made the decision to pursue OT at the very end of 2012, and worked extremely hard to make myself a great applicant and get accepted in the next year. As you can see, my undergraduate and cumulative GPAs are pretty bad, especially with how competitive OT programs have gotten. But I made it all happen in a year!! I worked extremely hard on my prerequisites, volunteered a lot of hours at the two clinics , studied hard for the GRE, and spent months revising my application/essays. It was an intense year where I made getting accepted to an OT program my number one priority and dedicated myself to it completely. I know it is a stressful process (probably the most stressful time of my life), but it will all pay off. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Reactions: 1 user
Your stats look a lot like mine 3 years ago when I got accepted. I ultimately attended SJSU and just started working as an OT. I too climbed out of a hole, my undergrad GPA at graduation was like a 2.5. I worked a few years and decided to bust my butt in the prereqs (got straight A's), brought my GPA to barely a 3.00 which was the minimum for USC (my dream school at the time).

Overall GPA: 3.00
Last 60: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 3.95
GRE: 1200 AWA 5.0

Extra-Curric:

Volunteer: 131 Hours in one setting

Acceptances: USC and SJSU

Rejections: None

Interviews: N/A

I just want to remind everyone that with dedication and hardwork you will definitely get in to the programs of your choice!! I actually only made the decision to pursue OT at the very end of 2012, and worked extremely hard to make myself a great applicant and get accepted in the next year. As you can see, my undergraduate and cumulative GPAs are pretty bad, especially with how competitive OT programs have gotten. But I made it all happen in a year!! I worked extremely hard on my prerequisites, volunteered a lot of hours at the two clinics , studied hard for the GRE, and spent months revising my application/essays. It was an intense year where I made getting accepted to an OT program my number one priority and dedicated myself to it completely. I know it is a stressful process (probably the most stressful time of my life), but it will all pay off. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Awesome to know. I had the same dilemma too:)
Thks!!

Hi! If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose USC over SJSU?!
I am applying to both in the fall. I am hoping to gain some insight on both of the programs!