Sketchy Pharm and Micro for USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering about the overlap b/t sketchy pharm and sketchy micro and what we are expected to know for the USMLE part 1. Does it make sense to learn all of the micro and pharm from sketchy for it?

Members don't see this ad.

I learned the vast majority of Micro from Sketchy (I watched my school's lectures on micro but didn't read syllabus or study from the materials). I used it for our micro class that was sometime first semester and I remembered A LOT of it when it came time for Step 1 studying. I didn't use Sketchy Pharm due to the fact that it came out close to when I took the test. To be honest I probably wouldn't have done it only during designated step study, however I am so glad I did it earlier in the year. It definitely isn't for everyone, but I learn really well using this type of method.

Wondering about the overlap b/t sketchy pharm and sketchy micro and what we are expected to know for the USMLE part 1. Does it make sense to learn all of the micro and pharm from sketchy for it?

Yes to micro. Pharm is up to you. The USMLE Step 1 tests pharm very directly and I feel like you'd be better off memorizing the tables for pharm drugs in your first aid as opposed to watching SketchyPharm. For example, they're not going to asking you why succinylcholine has the MoA that it has. Instead, they will present as case with a patient who's received succinylcholine, describe its effects, and ask you to pick succinylcholine in the answer choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sketchy is solid for Micro for both class and Step. The best resource for Pharm are Raymon's pharm videos for Kaplan.

Reactions: 1 users
If you are a visual learner then sketchymicro is a great option. I used it exclusively for ms1&2 and boasts study. I didn't give the pharm the same shot as it came out mid board study time but it is still worth it if your learning style permits

I've been using Sketchy Pharm for about a month now, and it's pretty fantastic at explaining adrenergic and cholinergic receptors and drugs, and the anti-microbial videos help reinforce the Sketchy Micro videos, so I think they work well together. I've also been using Firecracker alongside Sketchy, and Sketchy does include many of the high-yield facts

Sketchy is the best. Use it all day erryday. I was absolutely clueless until I discovered Sketchy, after which micro was one of my best sections.

Reactions: 2 users
Do someone have all the videos for sketchy micro, not for pharma. please share with me