Sketchy Pharm or FA/Anki for pharm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AthleteDoc7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard mixed reviews on Sketchy Pharm, and despite loving micro, I haven't kept up with pharm during the year as much. For my spring break I was planning to hit pharm hard, but i'm torn on what to attack. should i dedicate a huge chunk of time to watching all of sketchy pharm over spring break, or should i just read and anki First Aid for pharm + do the Uworld questions?

I'm torn because i loved sketchy for micro, but have mostly done anki cards for my pharm course and have done extremely well, so both styles could work for me depending. just worried about sketchy being a huge time sink if it ends up not sticking due to the longer videos. thanks for the input everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Anki is a great system and works well for you. All the pharm you'll ever need to know is in FA, in the pharm chapter and at the end of each organ system. Sketchy is great but also takes a lot of time.

Reactions: 1 user
Anki is a great system and works well for you. All the pharm you'll ever need to know is in FA, in the pharm chapter and at the end of each organ system. Sketchy is great but also takes a lot of time.

This is my current predicament... I used sketchy for the bugs and loved it and I used it for the psych drugs and it was solid for that. I need to get better at antibiotics, but the sketchy videos are like 6 hours for the section and there are other drugs to learn. I still have some time, so I might fire them up and give it a go, but spending 50 hours just watching sketchy for drugs doesn't sound like the best use of time. Then again... if it works...

Reactions: 1 users
At the point I would probably just do FA/Anki and questions. I love Sketchy for pharm but not something I'd cram in dedicated. It covers alot of physio stuff that helped me which is what makes them so long. I actually combined Sketchy and Bro's Anki deck. Would watch a sketchy video and then go pull out all the cards for those drugs. Great reinforcement and I find myself visualizing the sketchy image every time I do a card (for anyone who has this question and isn't close to their Step).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At the point I would probably just do FA/Anki and questions. I love Sketchy for pharm but not something I'd cram in dedicated. It covers alot of physio stuff that helped me which is what makes them so long. I actually combined Sketchy and Bro's Anki deck. Would watch a sketchy video and then go pull out all the cards for those drugs. Great reinforcement and I find myself visualizing the sketchy image every time I do a card (for anyone who has this question and isn't close to their Step).

technically i'd be doing it during my spring break a few weeks prior to my dedicated so i could do it again in dedicated to reinforce. i just know both anki and sketchy have worked for me so having a lot of trouble which is the best route to go. bros + sketchy was kind of my plan but idk with the timing. thank you though

This is my current predicament... I used sketchy for the bugs and loved it and I used it for the psych drugs and it was solid for that. I need to get better at antibiotics, but the sketchy videos are like 6 hours for the section and there are other drugs to learn. I still have some time, so I might fire them up and give it a go, but spending 50 hours just watching sketchy for drugs doesn't sound like the best use of time. Then again... if it works...

i planed to watch on 1.5x like i did for micro so that 5 hours is really like 3.3 hours, which is much more doable.

technically i'd be doing it during my spring break a few weeks prior to my dedicated so i could do it again in dedicated to reinforce. i just know both anki and sketchy have worked for me so having a lot of trouble which is the best route to go. bros + sketchy was kind of my plan but idk with the timing. thank you though

If you think you'll have the time and struggle with Pharm its a good option. Overall I do think its the most time effective way to learn pharm from scratch. Now if you're ok and just forget little details then maybe not worth just sitting there and watching them all. Could always pick out things you don't know well. Maybe go watch specific ones based on practice questions you get wrong. I don't think you ever need to watch them more than once. If you forget something you can use the review feature to do it quickly.