Skull dent from birth injury

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

righty

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, Im new on this forum. Im a 22 year old guy. I was a forceps born baby and that procedure gave me a ping-pong fracture high up on my left parietal lobe. I still have a depression(dent) in that region. It isnt huge but still big enough to rest my finger in it. I didnt have any severe disabilities and I spent my childhood oblivious and ignorant of the fact that this injury could be hampering my abilities. Now that Im older and understand this and because of my bad habit of reading online I have become an anxiety sufferer. I link every problem and inabilty to my dent.
I have had the following problems since my teens:
-Bad handwriting, I cant write very fast since I screw up the letters
-I have trouble pronouncing words at times, anticipatory speech errors like I know im gonna screw this word up(read that this is a symptom of apraxia of speech)
-I cant remember numbers of more than 5 digits(poor number working memory)
-Not very good in math
-can be pretty inco-ordiinated at times like while driving sometimes end up shifting the gear before pressing the clutch

I have a ct scan taken 2 years ago(age 20), the scan came normal. The report said no significant intra-cranial abnormaliity noted. Heres the link to my scan:-
http://imgur.com/a/G5JWf
Pls tell me if it looks fine.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm very sorry, but medical consultation and/or medical advice is against the terms of service of this site/forum. I would strongly suggest that you see a neurologist to help address your concerns. Best of luck to you.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.