Skype MCAT course, study and support group!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle2020

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am organizing a free MCAT course+ MCAT study and support group through skype. Those who want to join just email me!!!

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How often will the group meet? Since everyone's from different places, the timezone (I'm from ca, so 3 hours off) might be an issue.

I am thinking about twice a week on the weekend!! We will work out the time!! If you are interested I think you should get an account with skype!!!

MCAT study/support group is an excellent idea! Count me in.

A questions though:
What will comprise of this free MCAT course? How will it be covered? etc

Seriously?

You guys are going to trust a stranger on the internet to teach you everything for the MCAT?

I think he's taking the mcat too, so he's just studying with us. The group needs to be somewhat organized though. depends on how long before his exam, but we could follow a schedule of and do problems out of a book (like EK 1001). If it were me, I would use a schedule like sn2ed's and go over the concepts learned at the end of each week with the group. If that interferes with too many people's schedules (I plan on using sn2ed's plan this summer), we could go over other recommended books like tprh or nova physics tfor content. There's only so many hours people can meet, so just drilling passages and problems on skype might not be the best idea.

Hi all,

I am still writing the details about the study course and group. I still need couple of days to finish as I am trying to write an exact description of what I want to do so I will keep you guys informed. I haven't taken the MCAT yet. I am planning on taking it soon. So this course/group will be a place for us to keep studying, learning, and supporting each other.I am thinking about starting this study course/ group on Saturday the 26th of this month. you can let me know if you have any suggestions.

To RIDETHECLICHE: I am not asking anyone to trust me to achieve his/her MCAT goals. As a matter of fact, attending this course and group isn't a guarantee that you will get high score on the real MCAT. The only things that can help you get the desired score is studying, hard work, and good understanding of the whole MCAT exam. You can have the best MCAT tutor/course in the world and still get bad score on the real thing. It is all about hard work. I just want to clarify that point. Moreover, I am just offering something for free and trying to be very clear about what I want to do. You can see what I offer. If you like it you go for it if you don't you are not obligated to do anything.

I will send you guys the information about the course/group once I am done writing all the details.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am still writing the details about the study course and group. I still need couple of days to finish as I am trying to write an exact description of what I want to do so I will keep you guys informed. I haven't taken the MCAT yet. I am planning on taking it soon. So this course/group will be a place for us to keep studying, learning, and supporting each other.I am thinking about starting this study course/ group on Saturday the 26th of this month. you can let me know if you have any suggestions.

To RIDETHECLICHE: I am not asking anyone to trust me to achieve his/her MCAT goals. As a matter of fact, attending this course and group isn't a guarantee that you will get high score on the real MCAT. The only things that can help you get the desired score is studying, hard work, and good understanding of the whole MCAT exam. You can have the best MCAT tutor/course in the world and still get bad score on the real thing. It is all about hard work. I just want to clarify that point. Moreover, I am just offering something for free and trying to be very clear about what I want to do. You can see what I offer. If you like it you go for it if you don't you are not obligated to do anything.

I will send you guys the information about the course/group once I am done writing all the details.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

Sorry for the above double post. I couldn't delete it.

I also wanted to mention whoever wants to participate in the group to get a skype account!!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

So you have no credentials, basically is what you're saying. Cool.

I don't either so it's fine.

But wait! I'm not trying to teach a course.

There's a difference between running a study group on topics people review and then talk about (helpful) and offering to teach a course...

No offense meant to you. I just think you're a little misguided.

I think this could work but you would need to stick to passages (PS or Bio/OChem ... No VR) and I second the use of SN2ed 3 month schedule.

Use the weekends to review passages ONLY ... Use BR or EK BIO 1001 not their Physics (No Passages).

I am concerned on the logistical setup. I have never used Skype for more than one person. Would you use video or voice? How many people can be on at the same time?

Keep it to the afternoons for the people on both coasts

There's a difference between running a study group on topics people review and then talk about (helpful) and offering to teach a course...

You might be in your late teens or early 20s but your way of thinking shows that you are just learning how to handle fractions in middle school math course. First of all, I never talked about my credentials because I don't disclose personal information on a public forum. Secondly, before you make quick judgments about people, how much they know, what they do, what they have to offer etc.. try to listen first to what these people got to say, then you can fascinate people with your brilliant comments(no offense by the way). Unfortunately, you were on the attack once you read this post because amazing you found that a stranger is trying to destroy peoples' MCAT scores and you are trying to save them.I won't repeat what I said in my previous post to you because you have trouble understanding obviously but let me tell you this: People can make their own decisions because they understood what they read in my first post, but amazing you failed to understand. I wouldn't blame you. You are still in middle school and hopefully you will understand life better when you are 60 years old.So the-take home message is try not to make your own conclusions about people and their abilities. Also try to be a better listener...

You might be in your late teens or early 20s but your way of thinking shows that you are just learning how to handle fractions in middle school math course. First of all, I never talked about my credentials because I don't disclose personal information on a public forum. Secondly, before you make quick judgments about people, how much they know, what they do, what they have to offer etc.. try to listen first to what these people got to say, then you can fascinate people with your brilliant comments(no offense by the way). Unfortunately, you were on the attack once you read this post because amazing you found that a stranger is trying to destroy peoples' MCAT scores and you are trying to save them.I won't repeat what I said in my previous post to you because you have trouble understanding obviously but let me tell you this: People can make their own decisions because they understood what they read in my first post, but amazing you failed to understand. I wouldn't blame you. You are still in middle school and hopefully you will understand life better when you are 60 years old.So the-take home message is try not to make your own conclusions about people and their abilities. Also try to be a better listener...

I am getting a lot of emails about the structure of the group. I am thinking about a lecture format sessions to go over all the topics covered by the MCAT!!!
Let me know your thoughts and suggestions!!!

Rambling attempt at insult...

My man. My brilliance and know how stems not from my proficiency in middle school fractions (oh the nightmares!), but simply from my gift of common sense.

I know that I have not taken the official MCAT and aced it, nor do I have everything figured out to ace it at this point. This is why, I'm not teaching a course.

You on the other hand, might be 60 years old, but have still not learned your limits. I know mine, thus I am aware that I'm better off not trying to organize an MCAT study group for an online audience when I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not trying to say anyone.

Common sense, as they say, is not so common.

To everyone signing up for this, I have an uncle in Nigeria that just inherited a large sum of money. In order to get the money out of the account, he needs to transfer it. I will give you 80% of the money if you send me your bank account and routing number. Please hurry as the funds will be cut off shortly.

I am getting a lot of emails about the structure of the group. I am thinking about a lecture format sessions to go over all the topics covered by the MCAT!!!
Let me know your thoughts and suggestions!!!

And yeah, I'm listening. Sounds like you want to teach a course.

Here. I'll save everyone the trouble and do it for you. Or make the AAMC.

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/preparing/

PDF links to the topics covered in the different sections. Enjoy.

Last edited:
My man. My brilliance and know how stems not from my proficiency in middle school fractions (oh the nightmares!), but simply from my gift of common sense.

I know that I have not taken the official MCAT and aced it, nor do I have everything figured out to ace it at this point. This is why, I'm not teaching a course.

You on the other hand, might be 60 years old, but have still not learned your limits. I know mine, thus I am aware that I'm better off not trying to organize an MCAT study group for an online audience when I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not trying to say anyone.

Common sense, as they say, is not so common.

To everyone signing up for this, I have an uncle in Nigeria that just inherited a large sum of money. In order to get the money out of the account, he needs to transfer it. I will give you 80% of the money if you send me your bank account and routing number. Please hurry as the funds will be cut off shortly.

And yeah, I'm listening. Sounds like you want to teach a course.

Here. I'll save everyone the trouble and do it for you. Or make the AAMC.

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/preparing/

PDF links to the topics covered in the different sections. Enjoy.

You don't want to understand my point. That's why I told you you have to start to listen to what people got to say before you make your comments. I am not getting any benefits from this. I can study by myself if I want. I am just preparing a group in which whoever wants to join is welcome. I am trying to create an encouraging and motivating environment for people to study and I am working on the structure of this group. When I am done writing the details, I will send them to those who have some interest. If they like it they go for it if they dont they dont have to do anything. I am not an expert in the MCATand I never claimed to be one but you assumed that and now you are trying to save the premeds from a disastrous end. my advice to you there was(and again): people can think and make their own decisions. By the way, all the people who emailed me were very encouraging and interested except you. Does that mean they are all going to join? no because they are waiting on me for all the details of the group. Then they will make their comments or decisions! and by the way although I didn't want to disclose this here: the number of hours I spent tutoring the sciense subjects of the MCAT is probably more than the number of hours you spent in college!! ;)

Last edited: