Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Slackers Club - very very very late completions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DarkChild, Jan 29, 2002.

1. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Need help fellow slackers - I completed my apps in mid-late december.
    To date I have gotten interviews from Upenn MSTP and WashU MD.
    No word yet from Harvard and JHU.
    I'm going nuts like everyone else and I know that Harvard and JHU are running late but can anyone put me out of my misery.
    If you completed very late and gotten interviews from these schools please post it.
    But in general post any schools which have gotten back to slackers like myself - I want to know which schools really have their s*** together.

2. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Got my app in at JHU several days before the deadline, and still not a peep from them, other than to say that my app was complete (12/22).

3. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the reply CoalBoy.
    Has anyone else noticed that JHU is terrible with mailing stuff?
    I had to request my secondary twice (according to them they had sent it 3 times) and a buddy of mine had to request the secondary three times.
    All in all it makes me nervous, but misery loves company - so I'm glad to know at least someone else feels my pain.

4. El Jefe

El Jefe The Jefe
    7+ Year Member

I sent in the JHU app sometime in early December and just got the postcard saying they received it yesterday. So if it takes that long to throw a prestamped and addressed envelope in the mail, you can imagine how slow they must be with everything else.

5. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I worry about any school that is relying on the good ol' USPS for correspondence. Vanderbilt mailed me an interview request back in November that I never got. When they e-mailed me to follow up in January, I had no idea what they were talking about. I'm hoping that the fact that Hopkins is 10 miles down the road will save me from anything getting lost in the mail.

6. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Bumpin and Grindin

7. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    my app at GW was complete on nov 27, and they invited me to interview on 1/22 for march 7