sleep medicine fellowship 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sagarmatha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am currently second year resident. I am planning to apply for sleep medicine fellowship.As we know for 2012 sleep is going through ERAS. Can some body give me information about time line? is it time to apply. I was thinking to register in ERAS, but if I register now, my ERAS application will expire in May 2011. So I am in doubt. Can some body please highlight about time line. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ha ha u r funny sohel, I am talking about fellowship not only sleep meds... u have a good night sleep with ambien cr

Might be time to bump this thread. Has anyone started the interview process for a sleep fellowship for 2012? Have any programs already begun offering slots?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going through the process right now (currently in my final year of child neurology training). I have half of my interviews still to go. It's interesting - since this is the first year of the Match for sleep medicine, no one is quite sure how many programs to apply to, and my impression is that the programs don't have a good feel for how many people to interview. I've met people on the interview trail who applied to every program participating in the NRMP. And then there are the little snafus, like Jefferson being listed as an ERAS/NRMP program when they actually are not participating (so that was a wasted application, they had already filled), and Vanderbilt participating in the NRMP, but not in ERAS (they are still using their own application).

Another change now that there is a Match: many programs try to engineer a fellowship class with a good mix of pulm, neuro, and psych, as well as getting a mix of adult and pediatric trainees. Now, there is no way to do that, so those programs will have to get used to the idea that they may end up with all pulmonologists, or all neurologists.

It seems that for Match programs, all of the interviewing is happening in September and the first half of October. I completed all my application material by early August, but if people are interested in non-Match programs, they should probably be applying much earlier than that.

I went through the process without using ERAS and matched. There are programs still not using ERAS but more and more likely will be turning to the process -- unfortunately.