Slight problem with Tulane Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Im suppose to have an interview at Tulane at Baylor in a week. However, when I scheduled it they didn't tell me a) when, or b) where, and c) how I should get there and where to stay. So I called but no one is picking up or calling me back.

Anyone know where I should fly into, or where to stay? How should I get there (the school I mean) and where is Tulane located at the University????

Should I even go if I can't even seem to get in touch with them at 2:40pm on a Friday?

Members don't see this ad.

CuddlyKumquat said:
So Im suppose to have an interview at Tulane at Baylor in a week. However, when I scheduled it they didn't tell me a) when, or b) where, and c) how I should get there and where to stay. So I called but no one is picking up or calling me back.

Anyone know where I should fly into, or where to stay? How should I get there (the school I mean) and where is Tulane located at the University????

Should I even go if I can't even seem to get in touch with them at 2:40pm on a Friday?

This is what's posted on their website:

Tulane University
School of Medicine
is located at:

Suite T101
Baylor College of Medicine
1 Baylor Plaza, MSBCM705
Houston, TX 77030

Phone: (713) 798-5503
Fax: (713) 798-6548

https://som.tulane.bcm.edu/content.cfm?menu_id=119

I would fly into Houston, stay at a local motel and mapquest directions if they don't give you any further info.

If you haven't gotten ahold of them, you can also check the Interview Feedback part of SDN and look at where people who interviewed at Baylor have stayed. There are a lot of hotels right around the med center, though I have no idea how pricey they are.

You can also fly into either Intercontinental or Hobby. Hobby is slightly closer, but a smaller airport and doesn't have as many carriers. Both airports have shuttles that run to hotels in the med center. Baylor (and therefore Tulane) is located in the med center (obviously), one block from Fannin. If you need a nearby intersection, try Moursund and Bertner.

Also, once you get here, don't ask for directions to Baylor University. That's in Waco, a couple of hours away, and actually has absolutely no association with Baylor College of Medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the information:

Dear applicant:

This message contains details of your interview for admissions at Tulane School of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, in Houston, TX, scheduled for Tuesday October 25, 2005.

The address for Baylor College of Medicine is as follows:

One Baylor Plaza,

Houston, TX 77030

For those of you who may still be in need of hotel information, following are three hotels I have been told, are close to the Baylor College of Medicine: Crowne Plaza and Marriott on Fannin Street, and Holiday Inn on Holcombe Blvd. The link below contains a map and directions to the buildings and parking garages in the area,

http://www.bcm.edu/maps/

You are requested to report to the security desk of the main entrance of BCM, at the DeBakey Center (19), at 8:30 AM, and your day should be over by around 1:00 PM.

Please give your name to the person at the security desk, who will check it against a list provided by me. You will be given a name tag to wear visible during your visit, and you will be instructed as to where to go to be greeted by a student and later a faculty member. After that, you will be given your interview schedule for the day. Please make sure you check the list of documents below and bring any that are applicable to you:

Copy of AMCAS application (if available)

Copy of secondary application (if available)

Letter of previous invitation to interview (if applicable)

Letters of recommendation (if not previously faxed, or on VirtualEvals )

Thank you for working with us to make it possible for us to continue with the admissions procedure away from our home campus. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions. Thank you and see soon.

ti89 said:
Here is the information:

Dear applicant:

This message contains details of your interview for admissions at Tulane School of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, in Houston, TX, scheduled for Tuesday October 25, 2005.

The address for Baylor College of Medicine is as follows:

One Baylor Plaza,

Houston, TX 77030

For those of you who may still be in need of hotel information, following are three hotels I have been told, are close to the Baylor College of Medicine: Crowne Plaza and Marriott on Fannin Street, and Holiday Inn on Holcombe Blvd. The link below contains a map and directions to the buildings and parking garages in the area,

http://www.bcm.edu/maps/

You are requested to report to the security desk of the main entrance of BCM, at the DeBakey Center (19), at 8:30 AM, and your day should be over by around 1:00 PM.

Please give your name to the person at the security desk, who will check it against a list provided by me. You will be given a name tag to wear visible during your visit, and you will be instructed as to where to go to be greeted by a student and later a faculty member. After that, you will be given your interview schedule for the day. Please make sure you check the list of documents below and bring any that are applicable to you:

Copy of AMCAS application (if available)

Copy of secondary application (if available)

Letter of previous invitation to interview (if applicable)

Letters of recommendation (if not previously faxed, or on VirtualEvals )

Thank you for working with us to make it possible for us to continue with the admissions procedure away from our home campus. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions. Thank you and see soon.

OOh, thanks so much! Did you get this after rescheduling? Was I suppose to get this???

edit: nevermind, posting information that was already here...

Good Luck!

CuddlyKumquat said:
OOh, thanks so much! Did you get this after rescheduling? Was I suppose to get this???

Yep I got it before my interview there this past week.

One more note I stayed at the Holiday Inn. They have a free shuttle that will leave at 8 am and drop you right in front of the door. Also it is not that expensive compared to some other hotels for student interview.

ti89 said:
One more note I stayed at the Holiday Inn. They have a free shuttle that will leave at 8 am and drop you right in front of the door. Also it is not that expensive compared to some other hotels for student interview.

Which Holiday Inn? In downtown or Galleria?

I stayed at the marriot by methodist hospital... easy 5 minute walk from bcm; a bit pricey, though

Holiday Inn in downtown is closer...I'm assuming its that one, but i'm not positive.

You actually get that email a week before your interview day. But its pretty much the same thing that was already posted.

Stay at the one on S. Main street...I believe it is 6800 S. Main...I walked from there to my interview [at Baylor, but the Tulane ones are in the same building].