Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

slippery slope??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by premyo2002, Apr 21, 2004.

1. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

OK, I have a pretty large list of schools that I want to apply to and I'm trying to narrow it down.
    Does anyone know which schools REALLY look at a positive GPA slope not just cumulative? Every recruiter i've talked too say they do, but I'm looking for people that are not bias.

I know about all the other "whole applicant" things. Please don't think this is a "Will I be able to make it into med school thread" my Karma cannot stand the beat down

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc05

doc05 2K Member
    15+ Year Member

how many schools? which ones? what are your #s? there is no one answer to your questions so we need some specifics.

4. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

I live in cali, so basically my list includes every Med school that will accept a california person.
    GPA
    1st: 2.8
    2nd: 3.0
    3rd:3.6
    4th:4.0

Cum: 3.33-3.46 (semester isn't done yet)
    BCMP:3.4-3.5

thanks

5. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    You have a slightly below average cum. for most schools which is not bad at all, especially with the upward trend. I would say if your MCAT is good you can apply to some elite schools and see what pans out, and selectively pick "lower tier" schools in areas you wouldnt mind attending. Its too hard to predict though.

6. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

thanks exmike