• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2003
\\
Status
OK, I have a pretty large list of schools that I want to apply to and I'm trying to narrow it down.
Does anyone know which schools REALLY look at a positive GPA slope not just cumulative? Every recruiter i've talked too say they do, but I'm looking for people that are not bias.

I know about all the other "whole applicant" things. Please don't think this is a "Will I be able to make it into med school thread" my Karma cannot stand the beat down

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
U.S.A.
Visit site
Status
how many schools? which ones? what are your #s? there is no one answer to your questions so we need some specifics.

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2003
\\
Status
I live in cali, so basically my list includes every Med school that will accept a california person.
GPA
1st: 2.8
2nd: 3.0
3rd:3.6
4th:4.0

Cum: 3.33-3.46 (semester isn't done yet)
BCMP:3.4-3.5

thanks

About the Ads

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
You have a slightly below average cum. for most schools which is not bad at all, especially with the upward trend. I would say if your MCAT is good you can apply to some elite schools and see what pans out, and selectively pick "lower tier" schools in areas you wouldnt mind attending. Its too hard to predict though.

About the Ads