Sloan Kettering Summer Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jopops2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from them yet this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything from them yet this year?

Decisions are sent in early to mid-march so probably nothing before at least this upcoming week, then you have like three days to get back to them

Last edited:
anyone hear anything??

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a positive response last week. But in the email, they made a point to say that students would be hearing back on a rolling basis between now and mid-March...and that I had heard back only b/c my potential mentor had quickly chosen me. It is completely dependent on when your mentor gets around to sorting through applications, so do not be worried at all.

I was hoping that others could provide some insight into this particular fellowship. Has anyone participated in it in the past and had a great time? Why do you all want to take it?

MD12 which project were you chosen for?

I cant believe there is a thread for this summer research, sdn is pretty crazy.

now that I accidentally discovered this thread it feels like waiting on med school acceptances/wait-lists all over again... ugh.

i work at MSK with a few doctors who interviewed a number of applicants. Best of luck to you guys.. the competition is fierce!

Does every Doctor interview applicants? aka, am I out of the running already?

not every doc does interviewing. and im pretty certain that interviews are still going on-- until April actually.

Maybe the interviewing is for a different program? The app said all applicants would be notified by mid-march, whether good or bad news.

good luck to everyone.

Maybe the interviewing is for a different program? The app said all applicants would be notified by mid-march, whether good or bad news.

good luck to everyone.
you're right.. i was thinking of another fellowship program.

Regarding the summer research fellowship-- our docs were supposed make their decisions by Feb 13th.

Was accepted 2/27 or 2/28 (rolling basis - they notify up to 3/16 or so). Interviewed a while ago. I don't think they interview all accepted applicants.