SLOEs and the 3 letters of rec needed by programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

CaptainCool39

Question. So I'm applying to EM this year, I've done my home rotation (which I got a SLOE from) and I'm currently doing my away rotation (which I will also get a SLOE from).

So that adds up to 2 letters, what additional letter/letters are optimal to get the 3 letter minimum required by most EM programs?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Get another letter from an attending who knows you well and will write you an outstanding letter. I don't know if specialty matters that much so long as it's a good letter (it may I'm just not sure).

A third SLOE would be helpful too. All 4 of my letters were SLOEs but if I could do it again I'd only have done 2 always instead of 3. But I would definitely have done 2. Every interviewer wanted to talk about my aways, so I'd get another one of you could.

Edit: well I guess I should clarify. For programs that want 4 letters another SLOE would be best. For programs that only want 3 you are good to go with whomever will write a great letter for you.