Slow down or keep pushing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
they look at the combined CC + UC GPA. work hard and im sure ull get to your goals; u might want to not graduate early just so u can work on GPA (and ECs).

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll count every college class you've ever taken, including CC classes in high school. Also, if you've ever retaken a class, both versions of the grade count. The old grade doesn't dissappear, even if it doesn't get counted in your college GPA.

are you saying that you just finished your first year of college, and that you want to graduate in three years and go to med school? if so, you will have to apply next year. not sure if thats what you want to do or not, because raising gpa/taking mcat/doing all of those extracurriculars will be extremely tough

I plan on graduating in 2012 instead of 2013 (early because of the unit boost that CC classes gave me -knocked out most G.Es). Going straight into med school would be nice, but I know that it's very unrealistic unless I formulate the correct plan and carry through with it.

form a concrete plan as soon as you can, and get a lot of advice from professors/advisors/etc. the only reason i say this is because one year to take remaining pre reqs, the mcat, raising gpa and gaining a little more clinical experience seems to be a lot to me...but you might be able to handle it, its up to you. good luck!