SLU interview plan help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramoray

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey could someone who has gone to SLU give me some tips on some decent close places to stay and just how far and what airport is the one you use? i am completely unfamiliar with the city, and im going on the 28th. Some idea would be just great. Not going to to the student host i dont think, so anyone who has gone there if ya could tell me or pm me that would be awsome thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is Dnipropetrovsk really your location? Or did you put that as a joke??

Originally posted by Ramoray
hey could someone who has gone to SLU give me some tips on some decent close places to stay and just how far and what airport is the one you use? i am completely unfamiliar with the city, and im going on the 28th. Some idea would be just great. Not going to to the student host i dont think, so anyone who has gone there if ya could tell me or pm me that would be awsome thanks

Hello there, you should fly into Lambert/St. Louis International Airport(STL). I can't really remember how far it is from SLU but I think it's only like 20 minutes. As far as hotels go I don't know about prices but anything that is downtown (close to the arch) will put you within a few miles of the school. I will be interviewing 1/14 and will definitely stay downtown...you should check out the area while you are there. Good luck to you!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a light rail train that travels from the airport to downtown for 3.50. I used Priceline (www.priceline.com) when I visited Omaha and got a great Marriot Courtyard room for $45, which included all taxes and fees. It was considered a 2 1/2 star facility. Most of the nicer hotels have a shuttle that can get you to SLU, or you can get a taxi.

If you are really interested in SLU, you might also consider renting a car (if you're old enough). This would give you a chance to check STL out.

Or you can cancel your interview and give it to me, since my wife would really like to remain in STL.

If you have questions, PM me and I would be happy to help.

Originally posted by Ramoray

Hi Ramoray! I just called this morning to schedule my interview. I'll be there on January 14. When you receive your interview packet, there will be a form in there that you can fill out to stay with a student. There will also be instructions to get to the campus using the light rail.

hey guys thanks for hte info! anyone doing jan 28th??? i could have gone earlier but i had plans and that was teh first one i could do.. must be someone from there going.. would be cool then id have someone to go get drunk with post interview:) ha but any other hotel ideas would be good. thanks!

When I interviewed at SLU, I stayed at the Best Western Inn at the Park on Euclid and Lindell. It didn't cost very much, and SLU med was an easy shuttle ride away. You can take a taxi or shuttle from the airport to get there, or if you want to save yourself ~$30 you can take the train from the airport, get off at Central West End, and walk north on Euclid to the hotel.

I wouldn't stay downtown unless you're going to rent a car or you have some other reliable means of getting to SLU med. It's not downtown.

Originally posted by Tuesday Weld
Is Dnipropetrovsk really your location? Or did you put that as a joke??
Ramoray is from the Ukraine. That is a *real* city.

thanks everyone for all the help, you guys are fuking awsome! much appreciated, as SLU gave me nothing other than the student housing info.. noooo directions or nothing! craazzzy if anyone ends up going on hte 28th pm me or post thanks much

Ramoray - I'm Scheduled to interview on that day at SLU. But I'm gonna cancel now that I got into UVa.

JBJ - Maybe you'll get the call when I cancel on Monday.

Good luck to all SDNers!!! :clap: :D :clap:

Hey, I'm interviewing at SLU jan. 28th! :) Yippee for interviews!

I'll be there on the 28th, too.