Not open for further replies.

metallica81788

Keeper of the Llamaworm
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Isn't Indiana an enormous school where they split you up into different pre-clinical sites?

If so (since you already mentioned cost is the same), I would go with SLU for the single campus and bigger city aspect. I wouldn't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere, Indiana, paying OOS fees. Or actually anywhere in Indiana, but that's just me.

Jan 26, 2010
Providence, RI
Status
Medical Student
If theres credence to what he said, then I'd agree completely.

Southcane

7+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2010
Status
Isn't Indiana an enormous school where they split you up into different pre-clinical sites?

If so (since you already mentioned cost is the same), I would go with SLU for the single campus and bigger city aspect. I wouldn't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere, Indiana, paying OOS fees. Or actually anywhere in Indiana, but that's just me.

They do have a satellite campuses, but you more or less get to choose where you go, especially if you have reasons for wanting to be somewhere like Indianapolis, South Bend, etc. And if your looking for a bigger city aspect... St. Louis is definitely not the way to go... that city is so empty that its not much different than being in Indiana (Indy isn't exactly a small city either, 2 million-ish last time I checked.)

theWUbear

EM PGY2
7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Medical Student
They do have a satellite campuses, but you more or less get to choose where you go, especially if you have reasons for wanting to be somewhere like Indianapolis, South Bend, etc. And if your looking for a bigger city aspect... St. Louis is definitely not the way to go... that city is so empty that its not much different than being in Indiana (Indy isn't exactly a small city either, 2 million-ish last time I checked.)
Biased toward St. Louis (WashU grad), but also have experience with Indianapolis through family. If you're choosing between satellite campuses in and around Indianapolis vs St. Louis, STL would definitely be a big step up IMO. You'll find a lot of culture, a vibrant community, and a solid college/med school crowd between SLU, WU, and UMSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.