SLU vs. Loyola

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bafanculo, Nov 9, 2002.

1. bafanculo

bafanculo Member
    7+ Year Member

Which is the 'better' school. ...If you guys had to choose between these two schools which would you pick and why?
    (I am potentially faced with this decision, and would like to know soem feedback on how SLU and Loyola matchup)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Loyola is Jesuit too, FYI.

4. docuw

docuw Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

doh - for whatever reason I was seeing and writing Loyola and thinking about Loma Linda. my bad.

5. opus03

opus03 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hmm, interesting question, I applied to both as well...
    I must say that SLU is a great school, I did part of my undergrad there and everyone is really nice. Most of the med students I met were very happy there. Personally I would rather live in Chicago but I don't know enough about Loyola to say who I would choose. Good luck to you and whatever you decide to do!:)

6. I interviewed at Loyola and I liked it. They have really nice teaching facilities (and the phattest gym ever...dude, did I just say phattest? it's late, I'm sorry). The faculty there really care about the students, and they are very approachable. Also, the students themselves are amazingly cool and down to earth. Foster G. McGraw hospital is kinda ghetto...and not that big, though you do get Hines VA onsite. The location is kinda lame (I think) because the neighborhood isn't the best. I live 15 minutes west of their campus BTW. Overall, I liked the school alot...but unfortunately I have not been to SLU, so I cannot compare...so maybe this didn't help at all. :( Well, hopefully it did!! :)

Neil