SLU waitlist?????????????

phdmed07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2003
    OK, Im really confused here. About 3 wks ago I got a letter putting me on the SLU waitlist. I immediately sent a letter of intent and called the office to see when movement would begin and was told mid May. Well today I got a rejection letter from SLU. I dont know what in the world is going on! What a day!!!!

About the Ads

lola

Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 22, 2002
    california
      Originally posted by phdmed07
      OK, Im really confused here. About 3 wks ago I got a letter putting me on the SLU waitlist. I immediately sent a letter of intent and called the office to see when movement would begin and was told mid May. Well today I got a rejection letter from SLU. I dont know what in the world is going on! What a day!!!!

oh my god :(. that is awful! perhaps it was a mistake? can schools reject you after they've waitlisted you?!! i think you should call them up and see what's going on.

SolidGold

Florida winters are the best!
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jan 9, 2002
      Tampa, FL
      1. Attending Physician
        Call them because there could be a mistake. I don't see how a person could be rejected after being put on a waitlist. Being rejected off a wailist usually occurs only when the school has started orientation and they did not get to you on the waitlist.

carrigallen

16th centry dutch painter
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Feb 27, 2003
          1. I seriously doubt that the letter you sent and the rejection letter were at all related. It would be too soon for any committee to react anyway. So don't feel bad about that.

2. Chances are either your waitlist or your rejection is a mistake. I would call them and find out.

phdmed07

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Mar 24, 2003
            Ok, I called the admissions and was told that even if you are on on the waitlist you can be rejected anytime. Cant believe it...send a letter of intent, 2 wks later....rejected. This is so depressing.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.