SLU waitlist?????????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phdmed07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, Im really confused here. About 3 wks ago I got a letter putting me on the SLU waitlist. I immediately sent a letter of intent and called the office to see when movement would begin and was told mid May. Well today I got a rejection letter from SLU. I dont know what in the world is going on! What a day!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hmmmmmmm.........now im scared to check my mailbox. I sent a letter of interest and updates at the beginning of this week.

Jetson

yeah. . . i imagine this is going to be a long week of checking the mailbox. i hate it when this happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by phdmed07
OK, Im really confused here. About 3 wks ago I got a letter putting me on the SLU waitlist. I immediately sent a letter of intent and called the office to see when movement would begin and was told mid May. Well today I got a rejection letter from SLU. I dont know what in the world is going on! What a day!!!!

oh my god :(. that is awful! perhaps it was a mistake? can schools reject you after they've waitlisted you?!! i think you should call them up and see what's going on.

Call them because there could be a mistake. I don't see how a person could be rejected after being put on a waitlist. Being rejected off a wailist usually occurs only when the school has started orientation and they did not get to you on the waitlist.

I will call them to find out whats going on. I just dont know how I could get rejected off the waitlist. Just doesnt make any sense. I feel terrible.

1. I seriously doubt that the letter you sent and the rejection letter were at all related. It would be too soon for any committee to react anyway. So don't feel bad about that.

2. Chances are either your waitlist or your rejection is a mistake. I would call them and find out.

Please let us know what SLU tells you because I have never heard of someone getting rejected from the waitlist this way.

Ok, I called the admissions and was told that even if you are on on the waitlist you can be rejected anytime. Cant believe it...send a letter of intent, 2 wks later....rejected. This is so depressing.

moops waitlisted at Drexel, just rejected post interview at MCV and waiting to hear from my state school eCU