Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Small or large envelopes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Dr JPH, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    I will soon be sending out school-addressed envelopes to the physicians who have agree to write me letters of recommendation so all they need to do is put the letter in, seal it, and send it off to the individual schools.

My question is...do I send them standard envelopes so they fold the letter, or should I send them larger yellow envelopes. Which is better for sending letters of recommendation to schools?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't think it matters....

4. doughboy

doughboy Senior Member

The addresses should be typed out in black ink, postage included, with a self adhesive closing......don't you think what matters most is what is written in the letter?

5. dksf

dksf Junior Member

Business professional standards would indicate that you do what they do. It's just as easy to send a lrge envelope- and it looks crisp, neat, and professional! True, it may not matter, but can WE as applicants risk anything?

good luck to all!

6. moo

moo 1K Member

I think small, white envelopes look more professional.

7. JJKMS

JJKMS Junior Member

With all due respect... You are kidding, aren't you????

You are applying to earn an education where you are granted the right (and responsibility) to make life and death decisions and you can't figure out which envelope to use?

Time for a reality check. :mad:

8. Hskermdic

Hskermdic Senior Member

I would go with the white Legal size envelopes. I think going with bigger ones (unless you are doing priority mail for some reason)would look kind of weird. But hey I (like most of the rest of the people on this board) am just a student and not on the admissions committee.