BOTH Smarter students take their test BEFORE August?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confused2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Do you think it is true that most of the smarter students will have taken their COMLEX/USMLE before August 1st so that they can focus more on their audition rotations? If so, does that mean that there is a higher portion of students taking the exams in August/September/October that are struggling (this is a generalization, of course)? If so, does that mean that I could possible get a slight boost in my score if I take my test in August/September/October due to everyone generally scoring lower compared to the June/July months?

I have always scored slightly below average and I would like to get a little boost and was wondering if this might work. Please correct my thinking if I am off on this thought process. I am currently scheduled to take my test on July 28th and I am wondering if I should put it off for 2 weeks or so. Or maybe my above thought process is off and I should just get the test out of the way....

Thanks for the input everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I should probably add that my audition rotations for August-November are in the ER. From what I understand, ER is usually scheduled 16 shifts in the month which would give me some time to continue studying for Level 2/Step 2 exams, right? Thanks!

maybe its the opposite, maybe the smart students did really well on Step 1 and don't feel the need to take step 2 early?

speculating is futile, unless theres some hard data out there

Reactions: 1 user
dont think that the 12 hour shifs on ER will give you too much time to study..esp when you're on nights you just come home and sleep in the morning and then u have to go in to work right away..so even tho it seems like yes you're only working 16 days of the month, they are 12 hour shifts of non stop work, so it is not as easy as you think..i took my boards during the first week of my ER rotation and was sooo happy i did that because I couldn't imagine myself studying with such a work schedule, that week i probably only got 3 hours a day of studying