delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Columbia or UCLA?

• Columbia

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

awilly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
redacted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

First off, I was accepted to the following SMDEP sites: Columbia, UCLA, and Howard.

For me, the choice is coming down to Columbia or UCLA. There are several other factors that go into my decision, but I wanted to get some unbiased (or maybe biased) opinions from you guys. So where should I go?!

I'm Pre-Dental, but everyone in SMDEP does pretty much the same thing (Pre-Med included).

Congratulations to anyone else who got accepted.
Hello! I am an undergraduate at UCLA currently. I work at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and it is is amazingly beautiful. Now, since you're Pre-Dental, I don't know what you'll be touring or if you'll even be exposed to the medical center. Where are you from? Do you want to come to the West coast for the summer, or East? I'd check out Colombia Dental School's rankings. It may be better than UCLA's. I just got my acceptances yesterday. I chose Univ. of WA S.O.M., mainly in part because I want to stay on the West coast.

Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd stay on the easy coast. At least new York city is a drive from Virginia!

Columbia because the benefits of SMDEP will more likely help you with East Coast connections. Being from VA you have a better chance at Columbia than UCLA, with all things being equal in case you don't end up going to VCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.