Smdep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgratia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to do a summer program at either Yale or Columbia. I can not choose which one to go to. Which one do you think is better? I am leaning towards Columbia only because I live in NY, and hopefully I can still shadow some doctors at the hospital during the school year.

Has anyone else attended a SMDEP program? How was it?

Members don't see this ad.

sgratia said:
I have a chance to do a summer program at either Yale or Columbia. I can not choose which one to go to. Which one do you think is better? I am leaning towards Columbia only because I live in NY, and hopefully I can still shadow some doctors at the hospital during the school year.

You are kidding me, right?...Geez, pick the one that interests you the most, they're both great schools, and leave the paranoia for those w/o invites to summer programs at Ivy Leagues....

baylormed said:
You are kidding me, right?...Geez, pick the one that interests you the most, they're both great schools, and leave the paranoia for those w/o invites to summer programs at Ivy Leagues....

Don't worry no way I will get into any ivy league medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
sgratia said:
Don't worry no way I will get into any ivy league medical school.

...you never know, there's always a chance. As a matter of fact, my life has been based on chance; I'm not even sure how I ended up here, so Ivy League (although my grades aren't stellar) isn't completely out of my list.

I attended the one at Yale a few summers ago. It was a lot of fun... and a lot of work. I learned a lot that summer and it'll definitely give you step up in some of your bio and english classes later (because we had to take one science course and a writing/communications class). If you're really good, you might be able to get a decent personal statement written while you're there (it's part of the writing class).

Good luck! Feel free to PM me about it if you have any specific questions.