SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Smile Jesus Loves You!! and I need ur help!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hanlinting, Apr 27, 2007.

1. hanlinting

hanlinting 7+ Year Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Well my question has nothing to do with Jesus but I need some of your advice in deciding what to do next. My science GPA from calculating below courses are 3.8. My first question is do AMCAS would include Liberal Art Physic (Phys 101) toward my S-GPA calculation? And second should I take some more Bio classes like Anatomy just to prove I can get an A? I am not tring to apply to top tiers school but more of like around Loyola Stritich, UIC and Rush. I haven't take MCAT yet but confident i can get around 30+. Should I worry about science GPA at all or should i focus on just MCAT? Thank you much appreciated :)

Bio - AP credit
    Genetics- B
    Cell Bio- B+
    Chem I/II - A/A
    Phy I/II - A/A
    Liberal Art Physis- A
    Orgo I/II - B+/A
    Cal I/II- A/A
    Stat - A
    Chem Lab- A-/A-
    Phy Lab - A/A-
    Orgo Lab - A/A
    Bio Lab - AP credit

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Vvandenn

Vvandenn Member 2+ Year Member

Jul 16, 2006
  4. bluesTank

bluesTank Zombie 5+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    College Station, TX
    Liberal arts physics? Isnt that an oxymoron?

5. hanlinting

Jan 12, 2007
    well unfortunately it is oxymoronic :(and i end up in that class my mistake and didn't drop it but its designated as PHYS 101. Do you think it counts toward my s-GPA?

6. mikeinsd

mikeinsd predictably unpredictable 2+ Year Member

Nov 4, 2006
    2 things...

1. hallelujah! its buddy christ!

2. hanlinting - I know the answer to your question, please contact me after your 30+ on the mcat and i will happily tell you :D

(k fine i dont know the answer, but if you call amcas they will certainly tell you... they are very helpful i called them a few times about various questions i had while applying)

oh... and what distinguished liberal art physics from physics?

7. hanlinting

Jan 12, 2007
    Well the class was very much similar to high school physic with an emphasis on energy conservation.... :confused:

Anyone got any advice?

8. SupergreenMnM

SupergreenMnM Peanut, not chocolate 2+ Year Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Yes, never assume you'll get a 30+ on the MCAT :p
    I THINK if your school classifies it with the same numbers as the normal physics it should count as a science cred; don't know if it will count for THE physics req though.

9. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 16, 2003