SMP at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

collegegrad

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this thread has been up before but that was 2 years ago. So for those who are taking/ already taken the program, how was it? I heard that they have pretty good linkage to medical schools.

Any thoughts about the school or area? the experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I read somewhere on this site that a linkage no longer exists between Rosalind's BMS program and the medical school. I would contact the school and find out for sure.

I read somewhere on this site that a linkage no longer exists between Rosalind's BMS program and the medical school. I would contact the school and find out for sure.
i've read that as well, but the rfu website (or brochure or something) says that you automatically get an interview at the med school if you are in the bms program...wouldn't that be considered a linkage?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think what you read was that there used to be a guarentee that if you finished the program you would be accepted into the medical school, a guarentee which no longer exists. I think there's still a high linkage. I'm not sure, though, I didn't attend the program

yeah, i think there is some sort of linkage too. i heard that approximately 50% of the students who finished the program get into a medical school. most of those 50% get into rosalind franklin med school. but getting into a med school is given that you do well in the program.

but yeah, anybody went through the program??? how did you like it? was it hard to even get into the program? how were the people?

I have a friend that did the program, and yes there use to be a linkage with the program to the medical school, and no the linkage is not there anymore. However, the program is set up entirely the same, but it is going to require an extraordinary effort to out compete your fellow participant for a spot at their school and to be a competitive applicant at other medical schools!

I am really interested in this school, and its program, but I with little over a month before my MCAT, i need to concentrate on studying first, so wish me luck.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of programs out there like this one.... good luck on your app's guys!