SMP: Case western reserve Vs New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yingao88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one have better reputation of helping students get into medical school? what are their pros and cons? Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which one have better reputation of helping students get into medical school? what are their pros and cons? Thanks!!!!

You'll have more luck in the Postbacc forum with this question, BTW. Both programs (from what I've heard) are good. NYMC tends to be a good program for getting you into NYMC since they'll grant interviews to anyone who "does well." I don't know about how they've done with other schools. Case is obviously a much better medical school but their program is only a couple of years old so I don't know how successful they've been in terms of getting people in. I think a couple of those people got into Case med eventually. As far as SMPs in general go, if you're looking to have some flexibility in terms of which medical school you can go to after your SMP, don't select one that pretty much self-feeds into that medical school. Georgetown, BU MAMS, and Tufts seem to be programs that have many students going to many different medical schools.

You'll have more luck in the Postbacc forum with this question, BTW. Both programs (from what I've heard) are good. NYMC tends to be a good program for getting you into NYMC since they'll grant interviews to anyone who "does well." I don't know about how they've done with other schools. Case is obviously a much better medical school but their program is only a couple of years old so I don't know how successful they've been in terms of getting people in. I think a couple of those people got into Case med eventually. As far as SMPs in general go, if you're looking to have some flexibility in terms of which medical school you can go to after your SMP, don't select one that pretty much self-feeds into that medical school. Georgetown, BU MAMS, and Tufts seem to be programs that have many students going to many different medical schools.

I think people who see the name Case Western will be much more impressed than NYMC

It's not hard to get an invite to NYMC anyway :thumbup:

Just my opinion