SMP Guidance-Where to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ewontis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate some guidance regarding where to go, given my background and undergraduate experience....

I graduated in May 2007 and have been working as a Research Associate for a little over a year at a Medical Imaging company. I received an EMT certification in Massachusetts, but have not, as of yet, worked in the field. Currently, I have little to no clinical experience, but did quite a bit of academic research work as an undergrad. My GPA was nothing special (little over 3.0) and was an engineering major. I took about half of the prereqs and did not complete English coursework as I was an Engineering major.

I have looked at programs primarily on the East coast (Harvard, Umass, Goucher, UPenn, Brawn Mayr, etc.) but am not able to figure out what would be best.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

apply early and everywhere

Have you applied to any of the programs or gone through the process yet?

Agree with hung. Post bac/SMP programs are extremely competitive, and your best best for getting into one (particularly with a 3.0) is to apply to all of them. If you get multiple acceptances come back here and we'll help you figure out which one is best for you.