SMW!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bebe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is that right? Did you get a rejection notice from Hopkins? I assume mine is one its way since I have been complete there since end of October. How did you hear?

I thought they send such letters in April!

Sorry to post such a question but I wish the schools that are gonna reject me just hurry up and do it!

Members don't see this ad.

This is a quote from SMW in another thread:

Rejected from Johns Hopkins (over the phone! That's what I get for calling and trying to coordinate interviews!) Oh, no! I'm the first SDNer to be rejected by them!••

Perhaps SMW forced their hand by calling? :confused: In any case, it sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks Coalboy, congrats on Your Yale invite.
I graduated from Hopkins in May 2001.
Was this yesterday? and you were worried about Duke. See how things work out?

SMW,

Now my follow up question is how in the heck did she reach them?

I hate that I cannot speak to a live person.

Oh well, Sorry about Hopkins, SMW!

I know you have gotten in elsewhere so don't even worry about it girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bebe:

Now my follow up question is how in the heck did she reach them?

I hate that I cannot speak to a live person.•••

I had called them a while back, quite a while back, before they stopped taking any calls at all (they used to take calls on TWTh from 2:00-4:30), and told them I'd be in their area on such-and-such a date, and if they were thinking of granting me an interview, etc. blah blah blah... They said they'd make a note to my file to that effect. Then they called me back at an indecent early morning hour (it apparently never occurs to east coasters that it's 4 hours earlier in Alaska!), my mother answered and took a message which was to call back. They then instituted the "no one ever answers the phone" policy, so I tried in vain for weeks to return their call. Finally Valerie called and left a message on our machine that I was not being offered an interview. :(

I guess that's why they're called "reach" schools! ;) Thanks for the kind words, bebe. :)

Originally posted by SMW:

I had called them a while back, quite a while back, before they stopped taking any calls at all (they used to take calls on TWTh from 2:00-4:30), and told them I'd be in their area on such-and-such a date, and if they were thinking of granting me an interview, etc. blah blah blah... They said they'd make a note to my file to that effect. Then they called me back at an indecent early morning hour (it apparently never occurs to east coasters that it's 4 hours earlier in Alaska!), my mother answered and took a message which was to call back. They then instituted the "no one ever answers the phone" policy, so I tried in vain for weeks to return their call. Finally Valerie called and left a message on our machine that I was not being offered an interview. :(

I guess that's why they're called "reach" schools! ;) Thanks for the kind words, bebe. :) •••

They called you to tell you you were rejected? That is so cruel!

Originally posted by moo:
•They called you to tell you you were rejected? That is so cruel!•••

Yup, and apparently they first planned to give me the bad news at 5:00 am!!! :rolleyes: It's probably a good thing I wasn't the one who answered the phone. :D