Sn2 review days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meredith92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys do the review days for the sn2 schedule? Taking notes on the chapter is taking way too long ... Do you recommend just skimming the chap again before doing the second 1/3? I'm not sure how useful that would be?

Members don't see this ad.

How do you guys do the review days for the sn2 schedule? Taking notes on the chapter is taking way too long ... Do you recommend just skimming the chap again before doing the second 1/3? I'm not sure how useful that would be?

I just do a good skim (about 2-3 hours tops per chapter) and try the EK 1001 questions.. then go back to anything I did poorly on. If you are doing the 4 month schedule it gives you three days to do this (between re reads+problems+review), so its pretty good.
Hope that helps

Thanks! Did you also do the second 1/3 on the review day as well? And do you think ek 1001 helped to reinforce the concepts even though they're not passage based? I have bothe ek 1001 and tprh and I'm debating which would be better to go through on my review days.
Thanks for your advice!

Thanks! Did you also do the second 1/3 on the review day as well? And do you think ek 1001 helped to reinforce the concepts even though they're not passage based? I have bothe ek 1001 and tprh and I'm debating which would be better to go through on my review days.
Thanks for your advice!

No, the second 1/3 (plus reviewing it) comes after the re-reads and EK 1001. So it's actually five days full of reviewing, which I think its great because it would be really exhausting reading new material every single day.
And yeah, I have found EK to be really helpful specially for Physics and G.Chem. It really does identify your weaknesses, and then you can review it and come back for more problems to see if you are good to go. Can't really say anything about tprh though since I dont have it.
Good Luck!