• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

SN2ed 3 Month Schedule

DolphinsRule

5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2013
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    Following the SN2ed 3 month schedule and using TBR Physics, Gen Chem, OChem, Bio (passages), EK Bio. I'm doing the first 1/3, second 1/3, final 1/3.

For Gen Chem chapter 1 there are 12 passages. Should we the first 1/3 as passage I, IV, VII, and X or follow the directions listed, which are passages I-III and VI-VIII as Phase 1, etc.

For OChem chapter 1 it has the 25 Molecular Structure Review Questions. Are you only doing passage I (and leaving II and III for later)? For the 52 question practice exam are you doing Passage I, IV, and VII? Or are you doing all of the 25 review questions as phase 1? 52 question practice exam as phase 2..

Just wanted to know how everyone is splitting it up. I'm a little confused.

DolphinsRule

5+ Year Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    1. Pre-Pharmacy
      I have the newest version of the books and after reading through some threads and looking through the books again, this is what I came up with.

Organic Chemistry actually has 3 "phases" for their chapters. (25 Molecular Structure Review Questions, 52 Question Practice Exam, and Phase 3 Homework). So I will break up the first 1/3, second 1/3, and final 1/3 like that. I'm assuming they work you up to Phase 3 Homework so it seems more logical to follow their instructions.

General Chemistry gives you specific instructions after their chapters (I: After reading this section and attending lecture: Passages I - III & VI - VIII), so I will be following their phases for first 1/3, second 1/3, and final 1/3.

It looks like Physics and Bio are not broken up into phases, with only review questions and a practice exam, so I will take every third passage in each as first 1/3, etc.

Unless someone advises against using Berkley's method and insists doing every third passage for Organic Chem and General Chemistry is the better approach then I will be using Berkley's phases. For Physics and Bio I will be doing every third passage like SN2ed suggests (first 1/3, second 1/3, final 1/3).

I'd still like to hear how everyone broke down their content or if anyone has any experience doing it one way or another.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.